Twenty Five.

A/N: Warning, this is a long chapter. I was going to divide it up into two chapters but it just didn't flow right. So enjoy the 1900+ words and second post of the day! :)

***

Ellie POV

My stomach churned as I watched, silently from behind Sam, as Maddox looked over Olivia. It was a quick glance but it held so much emotion. I could feel his heart breaking momentarily before he saw me standing there, watching. He didn't even say a word before he was rushing to me and pulling at my hand.

"We're leaving." Max hushed to me. His eyes pleading with mine, telling me he was sorry his family was doing this.

"Honey, Olivia is my guest." His mother finally approached, her voice reminding me of the wicked witch in sleeping beauty. "Oh, Ellie, how nice to see you."

Her eyes gave me a sickening once over before averting her attention back to her son.

"I'm not staying if this is your idea of a family thanksgiving." Max stood his ground, placing an arm behind my back.

"Olivia is still family to me, Maddox. Plus, she's all alone in this big city. Be nice and it'll be fine." Camilla averted her attention to my father, who stood there with a stone face even when he tried to sound appreciative of the invite.

"Maxie," Olivia pouted, looking between the two of us. "You haven't introduced me to your friend."

"Girlfriend." I corrected her, extending my hand. "I'm Ellie. Max's girlfriend."

Olivia clasped her hand behind her back, barely giving me a moment of her time.

"Oh, no worries, Ellie. I'll always have a place in Maxie's big heart." She smiled to Max as she bounced on her toes. "Don't act like we haven't spoken lately."

The grind from Max's teeth sent a shiver down my spine. "The only time we spoke was to discuss me blatantly not being interested in you. I'm sure you remember I told you I hated your guts and never wanted to see your face again." He paused, "You never were one to respect someone's wishes though."

My father cleared his throat, trying to ease the thick tension building in the room.

"You have a lovely home, Camilla. Is James around?" My father asked for an out, more like begged for a way out of this room where the tension just seemed to grow.

"James is in the game room. I'll show you the way." Camilla smiled warmly but all I could do was give her a stare hoping it would burn her to ashes.

My father gave me a soft glance with a frown before venturing further into the home.

"So, Maxie," Olivia started and my anger raised.

My emotions over took me before I could even calm myself. I stepped forward until we were barely a few inches apart.

"Call him Maxie one more time and I will personally rip your -

"Okay, L." Max sighed, placing his hands to my shoulders and forced me to walk further into the dreaded mansion.

"No! How dare she show up and, and," I stopped myself and rubbed my eyes roughly. "God, I'm never like this."

Max pulled us into an empty room and engulfed my body in his embrace. "It's okay, babe. You have every right to be upset. Hell, I'm fucking pissed my mother is fucking with us but guess what?"

I looked up to his eyes that narrowed with a playfulness.

"We're going to fuck with them so hard." His smile grew as he started thinking of all the things we could do to piss his mother off more.