1 ; transfer student

hi everyone:) new zukaang book ahah....

vote, comment, do whatever, but enjoy reading <3

here's Zuko & Aang's canon designs, drawn by yours truly:

rewriting this slowly a of 2-29-24!!!decided to rewrite this after watching the live action and then rewatching the OG show : )

decided to rewrite this after watching the live action and then rewatching the OG show : )

I will be keeping the original story chapters underneath the rewritten parts, because I think it'd be interesting to see, and I'd hate to lose the comments from back then that bring so many happy memories : )

So! When / if I have rewritten a chapter, it will begin like so:

CHAPTER #
TITLE

then, as the rewritten portion ends, there will be:

and after the emoji is the old writing! yay! have fun : )

CHAPTER 1
TRANSFER STUDENT

It happened too fast. And not by the wind per usual, Aang had been swept off his feet. The warm feeling of the butterflies dancing in his stomach reaching his chest, then his neck, then his cheeks. Every small longing glance, every strained smirk resisting breaking into a smile, every lingering touch— a brush of hands, arms pressing against each other in the crowded halls. It feels like a story. Aang guesses stories typically have happy endings though, as he watches Zuko close the door to his trailer without a word, his story is ending without one.

But every story starts somewhere.

3 months earlier

Katara's been following him around all morning. Every-time he turns to ask what she's going to say, words so obviously teetering on the edge of her lips, one of their friends suddenly has a thought too, and Katara blushes, and crosses her arms, relenting another few minutes.

But home room was only ever long enough for a few pointed conversations about mundane drama happening among the students.

Katara looks like she's about to burst.

Aang smiles politely at Sokka, carrying on about biology, something about a fired teacher. He taps his shoulder, a momentary pause, and his sister takes the moment.

She almost yells, "Did you guys hear about the new transfer student!?"

Aang blinks slowly. That's it? We get transfer students all the time.

"Kat, everyone knows about him," Sokka waves his hand dismissively.

"I don't," Aang says.