12 ; dance

hello °~°

i changed the ending of the last part because I didnt want to rush anything, so instead of you going back, Here's the edited version:

Zuko was looking down when Katara left. Aang turned back to his locker, throwing books into it.

"Are you going to? You should... Katara's... nice?" Zuko said.

Aang's chest felt like someone was squeezing it. "Yeah, I probably will."

"Alright, then," He sighed.

"Toph is probably back from Mr. Boko's. Come on," He walked away, Zuko following him.

♡《 start of the chapter 》

"Are you excited for the winter formal? I'm super excited," Katara had her arm linked with Aang's. "We should wear matching outfits. I'll be in a dress, though."

"Kat, I haven't said yes or no yet," Aang pulled away from her. He glanced to his right, where Toph was talking to Zuko. He was staring at them, listening. "But, uh... I'll go with you..."

"Aang, we are going to be the best looking couple there," She said sternly. "I will not lose."

"It isn't a competition," Aang frowned.

Katara shrugged, and then, she leaned forward and kissed him. It was just a quick peck, but Aang stumbled backwards with surprise. That didn't count as his first kiss, right? It was close mouthed, so he hoped it didn't. He was saving it for someone else, who he probably would never kiss.

"Katara...." Aang mumbled shamefully.

"What? Are we not allowed to kiss?" She asked. "Well, sorry for trying to be a good girlfriend."

"I never said I was your boyfriend," Aang retorted. "We're just going to the dance."

"I'll see you later," Katara pushed past him.

Aang whirled around too see if Zuko had seen it, and he was in fact still staring at him. Toph wasn't talking anymore, she just stood there, blank expression. Zuko's eyes looked dull again.

Aang decided to walk a different way to class.

Zuko was avoiding him. He couldn't help it, after seeing them kiss... He had been the cause of that. He told Aang to say yes to Katara.

He just didn't think he would really do it. Zuko thought that maybe if he said that, Aang would tell him he didn't like her. Or that he might return the feelings he recently developed.

Zuko was cursed to get crushed on straight boys. Every. Single. Time.

"Why's your heart beating so fast?" Toph asked.

"I hate when you do that," Zuko said.

They were at lunch, waiting for Aang to show up. Toph snorted. "I can't not do it."

Zuko didn't respond, he just stared at the cafeteria doors. It had been probably 5 minutes when Aang came into the lunch room. He looked directly at Toph and Zuko, giving a small wave.

But as he walked past Katara, she wheeled around on her seat and grabbed his arm. "Sit with me! I saved you a seat!"

Aang looked back up at Toph and Zuko. "I was going to sit with-"

Katara yanked him down into the seat. "You always sit with them. Spend time with us, your original friends."

Aang didn't look back at the tabke in the corner of the room. He could feel a glare on the back of his head, but he couldn't move.