26 ; truth or dare

hsjfjsjnd

yall know What's bout to go down, right?

♡♡

Zuko had a plan, of sorts.... He had a gut feeling that Aang didn't like him, but he couldn't really stand to watch this anymore. It was a constant reminder of what he couldn't have, but longed for.

The plan was simple: There was no plan. Well, there was. But not really. Kind of, though. Zuko's plan (if you could call it that) kept changing in his mind, from a romantic dinner, to just kissing him -- which made him malfunction even thinking about it, to confessing during school, in private.

Zuko liked to imagine it'd be like the classic love confession, either they immediately embraced and admitted to sharing the same connection, or Zuko would 'misunderstand' his silence, only to be corrected days later, at night time, on his doorstep in the rain.

But the most plausible resolve was that Zuko would tell Aang about his stupid crush, and Aang would reject him. And then, their friendship would be awkward. Because Zuko knew Aang was too nice to ever break off a friendship over something so stupid.

Which brought up the question, if it's so stupid, why should I even say anything? If it's so stupid, then it should pass within a few months. But a few months came and went, and Zuko still felt butterflies in his chest and warmness in his face when he saw Aang.

"You good?" Toph interrupted his thoughts.

"What?" Zuko blinked several times before looking at her.

"Nevermind...." she sighed. "I'm bored."

"Truth or dare?" Aang asked, leaning on the side of his mattress.

They were sitting in a circle on the floor of Aang's bedroom, the space in the middle of then filled with junkfood and wires from their game console.

"Yeah," Zuko shrugged.

Toph grinned mischievously. Zuko felt afraid at that. He would've suspected she might only choose truth, because what was the point of a dare if she couldn't see it? Something in the back of his head told him she was in it for the embarrassment of the other person.

"I guess I'll go first," Aang said. "Toph, truth kr dare."

"Dare," She said.

"Uhhhh....." He tapped his chin. "I dare you to give me back the pen you stole from my desk a few minutes ago."

"Touche," She grumbled, tossing him a red pen.

"Zuko, your turn," He smiled.

"Truth or dare."

"Truth," Aang said.

"What's... your favorite color?" Zuko shrunk down, not wanting to ask anything too personal.

"Seriously?" Toph scoffed. "Ask something interesting!"

Aang waited, and Zuko rolled his eyes. "Uh. Lowest grade you've gotten on an assignment?"

"Seventy three," Aang said. Toph let out a dramatic sigh.

"Truth or dare!" She said.

"Truth, duh," Zuko snorted, taking a small drink of water.

"Are you a virgin?" Toph grinned.

Zuko almost spat out the water. "What!?"

"You have to answer," She shrugged. "What happens in here, stays in here."

"N-No," Zuko's face was bright red. "I'm not."

Aang looked almost surprised, while Toph was basking in the entertainment of embarrassing her friends.