6 ; drinking

Heyyy this chapter is interesting I swear lmao

im about to start the drive to my vacation spot....

edit: I'm currently writing this while im in the car ahah!!

Sokka was obviously the first person Aang had to convince. Suki always listened to his reasoning, instead of only relying on hers. Aang guessed that's why she started dating him. She valued his thoughts and feelings more than anyone else had.

And once Sokka and Suki were cool with Zuko... hopefully Katara would be next.

"It's finally friday," Toph said. "I can't wait to sleep for the entirety of the next two days."

"Yeah," Zuko rubbed his right eye.

They were sitting on the bench they always sat on in the early morning.

"Does your uncle make you get up super early?" She asked.

"Yeah. What about your parents?" He glanced down.

"Oh, I live with Katara and Sokka," She said. "My parents... they didn't want me earthbending. They thought I was weak and fragile, so I ran away."

Zuko didn't respond, he just nodded. Toph couldn't see, but Aang was sure she knew it. Aang was busy staring at the sticky note of his friends. It was the same as last time:

• sokka - hostile
• suki - hostile?
• kat - stay AWAY

Zuko looked at the note. "You know... I don't think Katara will ever like me."

"Yeah.. I mean, it's not like you've...for example, used her dead mom's necklace to track her down and capture her for your own personal gain," Toph said.

"That was... really specific...." Zuko said.

"It was nothing," She ignored him. "Aang. This isn't going to happen overnight."

"I know.. It's just," He sighed loudly. "I wish they'd stop being so rude. It's not like them at all."

"They're probably just freaked out by my face or something," Zuko rolled his eyes. "And they probably think I'm going to end up like my father... which... even I'm scared of that."

"You're not going to," Aang said firmly. "We just have to show them you're not tied to your blood line."

" Blood of the covenant is thicker than the water of the womb," Zuko said.

"What kind of cryptic message is that?" Toph asked.

"It means the family you choose is stronger than the one you're born to," He explained. "My uncle is like the father I should've had. He's... the family I choose. And I choose you and Aang. Instead of being alone and wallowing in self pity and shame."

"That's the kind of positivity I like to hear," Aang grinned.

Zuko shook his head and smiled. "Whatever."

"Mom?"

"Mom! Wake up!"

"Wake up! Please..."

Zuko shook his mom's body. Her eyes were open, unblinking, the golden color that usually sparkled was faded. He wanted to cry. He wanted to cry so bad. But nothing would come out. He felt liquid running down the left side of his face, it was blood. Zuko knew his father had burned him, so why didn't it hurt?