30 ; the end

Hiya! tthis is the last chapter 💔😔

im sad... but also, excited. I'm glad everyone enjoyed the book.

THANKS TO ..... uh, well no one irl really knew about this book... so thanks to everyone who took the time to comment. It means a lot to me 💕💗💕💗

without further ado! Here's the last chapter!

♡♡♡

About 1 year later

♡♡♡

Graduation. It was a mix of emotions. Some kids were happy that they were finally leaving their parent's house, and others were sad and stressed out about college or other jobs.

After the incident in the car, Zuko had been berated nonstop with questions from his uncle. Of course, they were all questions as to how Zuko would treat Aang, if he was going to be invested in a long term relationship, and if he was serious about it.

At some point during the night, Zuko got sick of it, and went to his room without a word. Iroh picked up his questions the next morning.

Aang had just the same amount of explaining and answering questions, except his parents were more one sided, asking about Zuko and if he was a good person.

"The day I came back to school, that Monday. I held hands with my boyfriend for the first time, and I was worrying nonstop about what people might say. Would we be looked at different, would we be shunned, would we be beaten up when we got seperated from our friends... And I think I realized something when I walked through the front doors. No one cared," He laughed, and then continued. "The students I attended this school with were so accepting and kind, and I hadn't even noticed it before. You are all so amazing, and I couldn't ask for better classmates. I hope all of you live out your dreams, and find what you've been looking for. I know you're all scared, and I am too... But, for right now, I think graduating is enough. You don't have to rush everything. Take care, and thank you."

Aang folded the piece of paper and pocketed it walking off the stage as people clapped from the rows of seats. The other student giving a short speech walked up to the podium, taking the unwanted attention off of Aang.

Toph, Zuko, and Sokka were standing at the stage stairs, waiting for him.

"You did great!" Sokka whispered, hugging him. "Katara and Suki couldn't make it, sorry. They're both getting ready for their graduation."

"Why aren't you, Toph?" Aang asked. "Girls go up in 5 minutes."

"I already got the diploma. Apparently I'm not able to walk up the stage," She sighed.

Aang frowned. "That's stupid."

"I didn't really wanna go up the stage anyways," Toph smiled. "I probably would've tripped."

"We were gonna go eat at Sherri's," Sokka said. "After Kat and Suki are done. Did you wanna come?"

"Yeah, sure," Aang said. He glanced at Zuko, who was focused on the stage. The different colored lights highlighted his face and hair.

"Come on, let's find seats before they're taken," Sokka said.

Aang took Zuko's hand and pulled him along, seemingly snapping him out of a trance. "Your speech was good."

"Thanks," He said, smiling. "You should've done it. You were their first choice."

"Administration only wanted me to do it because of how I look," Zuko said. "I'm not going to use my scar to make the school look more accepting or whatever."

"Ah," Aang nodded. "I kinda just used you for that purpose."

Zuko scoffed a laugh. "It's okay if you do it. I stand by anything you do."

They had made it home after going to eat with friends, electing to avoid the after-graduation party in favor of spending time together.

Aang was sprawled on the couch, donning sweat pants and sweat shirt. His graduation cap sat on the table, along with his robes, folded neatly next to Zuko's.

"I'm so tired," Aang mumbled as Zuko came to sit down.

"Move," He said, shoving his legs gently.

Aang said something under his breath and pulled his legs onto the floor. He shifted his weight over and rested his head on Zuko's shoulder. "I said I'm so tired."

Zuko snorted, looking at him. "What do you expect me to do about it?"

Aang thought for a moment before his cheeks flushed. "Shut up...."

Zuko laughed again, picking up the tv remote and flipping to a random channel. Aang moved closer, pressing his body against Zuko. After about twenty minutes, he had fallen asleep.

Zuko ran a hand through Aang's hair and sighed. "Love you."

♡♡♡

the end

it was HELLA short but tbh i like it

so, there you go....

Thank you all so much for reading, i really appreciate it. To everyonr who commented:

💕💗💕💗💕💗💕💗💕💗💕💗

love u all!

WAIT WAIT WAIT

i wrote something extra:

When the news came that Ozai had died, Zuko's brain short circuited. He couldn't think, or move. He knew Aang was shaking him, saying something, but he couldn't make it out.

Zuko felt the tears well in his eyes, and then he dropped to his knees. His father was dead. As much as he despised him, he was still his father. And then, he was overwhelmed with a feeling of joy, and relief, only to have it covered by anger.

Ozai had gotten out of his life sentece. He was not being served justice anymore.

It had been almost 6 years after his mother's death, and now he sat in a shared dorm room with his two best friends, Aang and Toph. He couldn't have imagined this would happen.

Suddenly he wanted nothing more than to see his father, but not Ozai, he wanted to see Iroh. So, that was what he did. For a week, he stayed with Iroh, Aang tagged along to make sure everything was okay, but stayed in the shadows for most of it.

And after a week, Zuko had an epiphany. He was glad Ozai was dead. He didn't have to have the burden of 'what if gets out' anymore, and he was glad that if his mother was awake in the spirit realm, that she'd beat the shit out of him.

okay! bye for real!
love you all 💕