17 ; help

guys

this chapter-

btw i listened to ^ that song on repeat while i wrote this , so, listen

"I haven't heard from her either," Aang tapped his finger on the phone. "Maybe she's just taking a break or something."

"I dunno. I've never heard of teachers taking breaks, and plus she's the art teacher. She can't miss a day or our substitute will have us paint on wet clay. Y'know, kinda like today," Toph said.

"I'm sure she'll be back tomorrow," He said. "I have to do homework, though. How about you?"

"You bet I do," she sighed. "More than a blind girl can handle."

"You're lucky they even made braille homework for you. You're the only student at our school with a vision impairment," Aang rolled onto his stomach.

"Yeah, yeah," Toph said. "I'll just say I never learned to read braille."

"You've been doing homework this entire year," Aang deadpanned.

"I'll say Kat had been doing it," She said. "That sounds believable, and plus, Kat will help me."

"Uh huh," Aang said slowly. "Well, I have to go. Can I call you later?"

"You better," She said. "Because I can't work a phone very well, so I can't call you."

Aang snorted a laugh. "Bye, Toph."

He placed the phone back on the reciever and climbed off the bed. The sheets tangled with his feet, which caused him to almost trip. Luckily, he was an experienced airbender. so he was able to save himself a faceplant.

Appa was clawing at his bedroom door, whining. He always did that at night time. Appa slept in his room every night, and so did Momo, but Aang didn't see Momo clawing and meowing non stop.

Aang had elected to just do his math homework that night, instead of doing both history and math. That sounded like a lesser version of hell.

He finished math easy enough. Aang felt more tired than that morning he had gotten a hangover, and so he flipped the light switch off, even though it was only 9.00.

As soon as Aang closed his eyes, there was a knock at his front door. It was loud, and harsh, like someone had just thrown their fist against it. He sighed, reasoning that a burglar wouldn't knock, and went downstairs.

It was dark outside, and he could see a faint outline of someone standing on his porch through the privacy glass on his door.

Aang didn't bother to ask who it was, so he unlocked the door and swung it open. Zuko was standing there, his arms wrapped around his stomach. There was a bruise on his cheeckbone, and a small cut dripped blood down his face. Aang thought he saw the formation of a black eye, but he couldn't look for very long.

Zuko fell onto his hands and knees, eyes closed lightly. "....Aang."

He kneeled down quickly to help him. "What happened? Zuko?"

Aang tried to help him stand up, and it worked until they reached the stairs. Zuko was out of it, he seemed to be slipping in and out of consciousness.

"Come on, you gotta make it upstairs," Aang said. "Stay awake..."

Aang helped him climb up the stairs, and it took 10 minutes. Aang brushed his hands on his pants and sat on his heels. Zuko's breathing had calmed a little bit, and he was just laying there, half way on the stairs.