15 ; winter formal

yeyeye im super excited for this chapter >:)

i keep writing them in advance and now i am going to stop because that isnt fun for me

listen to dis song :)

The night of the dance, Aang was wearing a matching outfit with Katara. Luckily he had a nice dress shirt from last year's homecoming he was able to tuck into black jeans. Aang thought this would be fine.

Katara had a skin tight dress the same color as his shirt: hot pink. Of course, his shirt had originally been white, he dyed it pink for her.

Aang wondered who Zuko would go with. He knew he was going, he told him over the phone. Aang just didn't think to ask who with. He thought of the possibilities. Mali? Ty-Lee?

He didn't think of one person. And that was who he went with.

"I'm so excited," Katara hooked her arm with Aang's. "We're going to win."

"Win what?" Aang raised a brow. "Kat, I think you should like... see a therapist or something."

"What for?" She looked confused. "Oh, I have to renind Sokka to do his homework before class .. I'll talk to you later!"

Aang was released from her grasp and he immediately started walking towards the cafeteria. Zuko and Toph would be there, waiting for him like always. He just hadn't shown up the past week.

When he sat down, they both looked genuinely surprised.

"Yeah, I know," Aang sighed. "She had to help Sokka with homework or something."

"Thought she would've asked you to come along," Zuko puffed smoke from his mouth. "Welcome back."

Aang gave him a small smile and turned to Toph. "Are you going to the dance?"

"Tsh. No way," She grimaced. "I'm heading home. Katara will be at the dance, so it'll be the most perfect excuse. I can tell her father I'm also going to the dance, and then I'll just do whatver I want. Not at school."

"Oh.." Aang ran a hand through his hair. "Zuko, you're still going, right?"

"Yep," He glanced over from his book.

"Uh, who are you going with?" He tried to aound uninterested but ended up sounding desperate.

"I'm going alone," Zuko sighed. "My uncle said I should get out more often."

"Well, maybe I'll see you there," Aang said hopefully.

"Maybe," Zuko snorted. "Yeah, sure, like I'd be able to spot you in a mosh pit of teenagers all dancing."

"You're dancing?" He asked sarcastically.

"Hell no," He leaped off the table and flicked his cigarette on the ground. "I'm just going to sit by the food table. Poison the punch and what not."

"Oh, shut up, you wouldn't know where to even get poison," Toph said. "Let alone risk poisoning the love of your life."

"You shut up!" Zuko looked more worried than angry.

"Guys stop arguing," Aang rested his head on his hands. "Class starts in 2 minutes."

They both sighed dramatically, which made Aang laugh a little on the inside. Toph and Zuko always made his day better. He couldn't help but think Zuko was better at that, and he new it was because he was attracted to him.

"I'm gonna head out," Zuko nodded his head at Aang. Then he looked at Toph. "Bye."

"I'd say see you at the dance," She grinned. "But I'll be scamming people in dark alleyways."