4 ; gaang

hello!!!

In the end, Zuko didn't receive any repercussions because the boy he was fighting had pulled his hair to knock him down, which was against the rules, and the principal noted that because of his father, the behavior had an excuse.

But Zuko had to go see the guidance councilor every week starting friday. Which he did not want to do.

So Aang tried his best to make him feel welcome. He got plenty stares before he almost melted some kid's chest off. Luckily that boy had been wearing enough layers that it just burned a hole in his clothing.

At lunch, which was after third period, Aang decided to sit with Zuko. Kat, Sokka, and Suki all stared at him as he walked past their table to the back corner of the cafeteria. Toph just... sat there....

Zuko looked up as Aang sat at the chair across from him. "Hey, how are you? You didn't talk at all in art class."

"I'm... fine," He said. "Okay. So, who dared you to sit here? Which one of your friends?"

"I sat here with my own free will," Aang said. "No one dared me. Can't you tell? I sit with them every day, look at the surprise on their faces."

"Yeah, well.... No one ever sits here," Zuko looked down at his plate of untouched food. "But sitting in the corner has its benefits."

"Like what?" He asked skeptically.

"I can lean against the wall," And then Zuko did just that. "No one can sneak up behind you, either."

"And why would that be a problem?" Aang raised a brow.

"I don't know," Zuko smiled awkwardly.

"I'll take your word for it," Aang said, laughing quietly.

Katara watched Zuko and Aang as they talked nonstop the entire lunch period, both of them smiling. Something in her stomach dropped, and she clenched her fists.

"I can't believe the nerve!" Katara said angrily to Sokka. "Seriously!? I ask him to stay away from that freak and the day after he attacks someone he goes and sits with him at lunch?"

"That's Aang for ya," Sokka shrugged. "Are you going to finish that?"

Katara shoved her tray of food over to him and continued glaring in the direction of Aang and Zuko.

"No way!" Katara slammed her locker shut.

The school was mostly empty, except Aang and his group of friends.

"You didn't even think about it!" Aang said. "Come on, he's really nice once you get to know him."

"There is no way I'm letting that weirdo into our friend group," Katara laughed without humor. "Tell me you're joking."

"He's not," Sokka sighed.

"He was pretty rude when I tried to meet him," Suki frowned.

"He was just in a bad mood," Aang said.

"It seems like he's always in a bad mood," Sokka said. "I don't trust him."

"Please give him a chance," Aang pleaded, turning to Katara.

"No. I'm not letting some murder witness fuck up into our group!" She said loudly.

Aang winced and glanced behind him. "Kat, don't say that..."

"Why not? It's what we're all thinking," She scoffed. "Aang let's be real here. Zuko is.... well, you've seen his face. That scar... Ever wonder how he got it? Probably from gang fights or something equally shady."