25 ; 😳👉👈

hi!!!

lol who wanna join the murder ozai party-

guys,,, there might only be like 2 or 3 chapters left,,, im sad-

"Fuck," Zuko cursed. "I'm so stupid."

"No, you're not," Aang said, examining his hand. "You just... let your emotions get the better of you."

"I have community service hours now," He winced as Aang touched his palm. "Quit pressing so hard."

"I'm barely touching you," He retorted. "We're going to the hospital."

Zuko didn't try to argue, because he wanted to see his uncle anyways. He held his charred hand facing his body, trying to stop the air from stinging it as they walked.

"I don't know why you hang around me," Zuko said suddenly.

Aang looked back with a confused expression. Zuko gave a weak laugh.

"I mean that, I don't see what you see in me," He said. "I'm kind of the outcast at school. No one really likes me, and everyone likes you. I don't know what makes you think I'm a good person."

"Zuko," Aang grabbed his good hand, smiling. "I like a lot of things about you."

Aang could see a trace of blush on his face as he asked, "What are they?"

"For one, you're probably one of the most considerate people I know," He said. "You're like... my best friend. I don't really know how to describe it. Also, you're cute. So, bonus."

"Wait, I-"

"We're at the hospital," Aang said, his heart pounding against his chest. Why the hell did I just do that?

Zuko swallowed whatever he was going to say, marking it off as some weird homiesexual thing that Aang did to all of his male friends. Girls could be homies too, though.

Iroh wasn't awake when they reached the room. He was sleeping, peacefully, it seemed. As peaceful as you could get with a tube up your nose.

"Why won't he just wake up?" Zuko said quietly, more to himself than Aang.

"He'll come around," Aang said. "Just give him some time."

Zuko looked down at his hand and sighed. "I guess I should get this looked at."

"Oh, yeah," He said. "The front desk shouldn't have a line."

Zuko was off in another room, getting his hand treated. It was then that Aang took his chance. He left Iroh's side and walked quickly to the front desk.

"Hi," he said awkwardly. The woman stared at him, and he cleared his throat. "Uh, where do I make payments?"

"Thank you," Zuko sighed a breath of relief.

Aang had bended a bubble of cold water around his hand. The bandages that had once been tightly wrapped around his wound and caused more discomfort than necessary laid on the ground beside them.

They were at Aang's house, in the kitchen. Sitting on two cushioned barstools, Aang's shoes barely touched the marble floors. Zuko sat comfortably, leaning his other arm on the table. Aang removed the water as it got warm, and Zuko frowned as the familiar sting of fresh air hit his hand.

"Do you wanna stay here tonight?" Aang asked, placing the bucket of water into the sink.

"If you're cool with it?" Zuko smiled lightly. "I don't want to intrude."

"You'd never," He said jokingly, turning around and wiping his hands on a towel. "My parents come home tonight, you can meet them."

"Oh--I mean, uh...." His smile faded. "Y-Yeah."

"Cool!" Aang didn't seem to notice the deafened sense of calm from his friend. "They'll be here at 6."

Zuko looked at the clock. 5:00.

"Yeah, great," He laughed anxiously.

"I'm gonna change," Aang smiled. "Stay here, I guess."

Zuko furrowrd his brow. He had to dip. No way in hell was he going to sit at a dinner table with his crush's parents. No force on the earth or any other planet would get him to stay for dinner.

"So, what did you say your name was?" Hannah asked.

"Zuko," He kept looking at his lap.

"How'd you meet our son?" Emily asked, a lot colder.

"Uhh, well, I was a transfer student," Zuko said,  trying to wash the panic in his chest out. "He's one of my only two friends. Uhm, it was sort of a pity thing at the start."

Aang almost choked on his food. "No- No, it wasn't."

Zuko set his fork gently down on his plate. "Right, uh... How did you.. two meet?"

"It's so romantic," Hannah sighed wistfully, staring at her wife with love.

"School," Emily deadpanned.

"A-Ah...." Zuko was gripping the sides of his chair so hard that his knuckles turned white.

"What about that scar?" Emily asked. "What's the story?"

Zuko froze, unable to breathe.

Aang managed to pull his hand off the chair, and threaded their fingers together. Zuko let out the built up breath in his lungs as Aang squeezed his hand reassuringly.

"My father," He mumbled.

"Damn, what'd you do to earn that kind of punishment?" She let out a harsh laugh.

"I didn't earn it," Zuko ground his teeth. "He- uh..."

There was a long, uncomfortable stretch of silence. Aang cleared his throat. "You can just look it up, mom."

There was another silence.

"Are you spending the night?" Hannah smiled warmly.

"If that's okay with you...?" Zuko nodded.

"Of course!" She said. Then she dropped her plate onto Emily's, and folded her hands on the table. "Well, Zuko, it was nice meeting you. We'll take care of the dishes, you two can go hangout."

The two of them headed upstairs, to Aang's room, where Zuko immediately dropped onto the couch and groaned.

"That was... rough," Aang sat on his bed. (Buddy)

"Your mom hates me," Zuko said.

"Which one?"

"Do I really need to clarify?" He asked, exasperated.

"Sorry," Aang sighed. "She just wanted to know if you were involved in anything shady."

Zuko didn't respond, shrugging it off. He hated this. Not just the dinner with Aang's parents. He hated the constant cycle of life. He made a friend, they turned on him. Zuko had waited so long for Aang to give up on him, but then he just... didn't. He hated getting feelings for a kid that wasn't interested at all. He hated that stupid smile Aang gave him every time they met eyes, it just made him fall even deeper in love.

Zuko raised his head slightly, and saw the dragon. The clay figure sat lopsided on Aang's drawer, after months.

He looked over to his friend's grey eyes, and caught a glimmer of hope deep in his heart. Aang was staring at him softly, but quickly looked away, a pink tint forming on his cheeks.

Zuko kept staring until it became uncomfortable  and looked out the window. He had to tell him.

brooo i havent updated in so long

sorryyyy school's been a b*tch

Love yall
stay safe!