5 ; plan

welcome back !!

Katara was stubborn. She was the most stubborn of all of Aang's friends. More stubborn than Toph.

Well, maybe not.

But Toph was the first one of his friends to accept Zuko. Sokka was the second. Suki came next. Katara? Last, by a long shot.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves, though.

"How are we going to convince any of them to like me?" Zuko asked.

Toph, Aang, and Zuko were all sitting together on the bus. Toph had taken the window seat, even though she couldnt exactly see the view. Aang was in the middle, and Zuko was on the end. His body was naturally warmer than everybody else's because he was a fire bender, and trust me, Aang and Toph took advantage of it. With his permission, course, they would constantly be hanging off his arms or sitting right up against him because the school refused to turn off the cold air.

"I don't know," Aang sighed. "Any ideas, Toph?"

"I'm not the plan maker here," She sighed.

"Well, two friends is good enough for me," Zuko added unhelpfully. "Most I've ever had."

"We need to show them Zuko isn't some... 'murder witness fuck up' as Katara put so nicely," Toph said. "Maybe we need a different approach. Zuko. you should stop glaring at them. Give them a smile. A friendly wave would be helpful."

"I don't like to smile," He said.

"Well too bad," Toph said.

"Maybe if we ignore the problen it'll go away," Aang suggested cheerfully.

"Let's leave the problem solving to me and Zuko, on second thought...." She sighed.

Once they arrived at school, Aang and Toph stayed with Zuko for the 15 extra minutes before the first bell. He and Toph both smoked a cigarette each, while Aang sat there disapproving of it.

Zuko was sitting on the table, his feet resting on the seat. His short sleeved unbuttoned shirt was decorated like an old bowling alley floor today. Aang was sitting beside him, and Toph was standing in front of them. They were at one of the park bench style cafeteria tables that were placed outside around the perimiter of the actual lunch room.

The campus was huge, each different subject had its own building, although some classed were misplaced and in the wrong building.

As Zuko lit his second cigarette, Aang shifted his hands. It was snowing lightly. "Zuko my hands are cold.

"Fine, come here," He sighed, holding his hands out.

Aang grabbed them and was lifted up onto the table so he could have his hands held by the only person able to wear short sleeved during snow.

Toph moved her scarf off her mouth. "I can't see you, but I can tell whatever you're doing is a whole lot warmer than what I'm doing."

"Come on," Zuko held out on hand to her.

She reached out, missing his hand a few times before she finally caught it and climbed onto the table. They knew Sokka, Suki, and Katara could see them. They didn't really care.

If they couldn't accept Zuko because if his father and some stupud scar Aang didn't think was ugly at all, then he wasn't sure he wanted to be friends.

So Aang started a small list of his friends on a sticky note. It read:

sokka - hostile
• suki - hostile?
• kat - stay AWAY