3 ; bender showcase

heyyy everyone i hope you like the story so far:))

did i forget to mention Zuko has book 3 hair?? well he does lol

i have about 24 chapters planned rn

Aang didn't see his foster parents in the morning, they were already gone. He ate breakfast alone, cereal and a banana. Momo came and drank some milk from the bowl before Aang threw it away.

He patted Appa's furry head before leaving. He was going to meet Toph at the bus stop about a mile down the road. While he always walked from school to home, he took the bus when going to school so he could talk to Toph.

"Hey twinkle toes," Toph turned towards him as he walked forward.

"Hey," Aang smiled. "Bus isn't here yet?"

"Nah," Toph sighed. "I can feel it though, it's almost here."

"Good," Aang said. "I'm tired already."

"You're weaker than I thought," Toph snickered.

"Oh, shut up," He laughed.

The bus came, and left with two more students than when it had arrived. The bus drove for 10 minutes, along the forest path lined with trees, through the train track, where Zuko was walking, past the Jasmine Dragon, and came to a stop at the school.

First period went by slowly.

"Alright, I have to get to math," Aang patted Toph on the shoulder and started towards his locker. He didn't need anything from it, he guessed Katara came by usually to meet him, but he knew Katara wasn't in school until later, during the bending tests. She had gotten the date wrong, and led the entire group to believe yesterday had been the bending showcase.

So Aang didn't know why he was there.Maybe it was to see what strange shirt Zuko had on over his outfit. Today it was pineapples on a cream background. Maybe he was there to waste time before going to the worst class on campus, or maybe it was on the off chance that Zuko would stop and talk to him, instead of giving a glance and smoking half a cigarette.

Aang was determined, though. He marched up to him and had to slow his pace in order to stay with Zuko. He moved awfully slow.

"I see you're here to annoy me again," He sighed.

"I was just walking in the same direction," Aang said.

"Yeah, whatever," He sighed again.

"How are you not getting caught?" He glanced at the cigarette.

"I only smoke between first and second," Zuko said. "No one cares anyways."

"Actually, plenty of students get caught out by the courtyard and are suspended," Aang said.

"Mm. I'll be sure to avoid the courtyard then," He said. "We're here. You managed to be just under the bar of 'too-annoying-to-walk-with'."

"Uh, thanks, I guess," Aang smiled awkwardly. "Well, I'll see you in art class."

Zuko rolled his eyes and shuffled in the door. Aang had a lot of work ahead of him if he was ever going to get him to be friends. He thought about walking with him to art class, but then decided against it. He didn't want to push it too far.

Aang couldnt concentrate during his entire second period. His phone wouldn't stop buzzing with texts from his friend's group chat. Katara kept apologizing about thinking the bending showcase was yesterday, and everyone else kept telling her it was fine. But that was Kat, always over thinking.