21 ; Mai

hi guys <3

What's poppin?

Mai seemed to know everything about Zuko's life. Even if she had only known him for a year, she knew a lot. It was probably because she was a good listener, to her friends. Friends that talked to Zuko's mother all the time.

Of course, she never did anything with this information. After Ursa's death, she thought she should maybe tell someone about it. Instead, she felt that it didn't even mean anything, and it wouldn't help.

So she said nothing. Eventually she forgot all about it. Until she moved schools, and ended up sitting across from the one person she tried not to think about the most.

The one person who had taken her mind over for more time than she could've imagined. He haunted her thoughts before he transferred. Mai was guilty, guilty of abandoning someone in need, and she didn't want those feelings to return again.

"I thought it would complicate everything," She said. "Just make more of a mess than it already was..."

"You're right," Azula said. "Well, I don't really care either way. He's just a little runt."

"I was scared," Mai sighed. "Maybe I should've said something...."

"If you must," Azula droned. "It doesn't matter. I won't be coming to see him. Or his uncle."

"But he's-"

"I said no. End of story," She said. "Bye."

Mai held her phone in her hands. She wanted to do at least one thing right, and if this was it, then she'd do it.

"Personally? I don't care who did it," Zuko leaned back in his chair. "But if you're really that deadset on it... then, I'll tell you all I know."

"Okay, spill it," Aang said.

"I did.... well, I firebent at one of them," Zuko said, remembering the look on his face when the flames came towards him. "But I didn't get a look at em."

"Liar," Toph said.

"You saw them," Aang scoffed. "Don't you want justice?"

"Er... No," He smiled sarcastically. "I don't care."

"These guys beat you half to death and you don't care if they get away with it? What's that teaching them? It says they can do whatever they want and not get repercussions," Toph crossed her arms. "Tell us."

"Fine! Fine," He sighed. "But you can't tell anyone."

"That kind of defeats the point," Aang frowned.

"Do whatever you want with it, then," Zuko threw his hands up. "It was Jet. I didn't see anyone else."

"....He's not lying," Toph said. "Why would Jet do that?"

"Who fuckin' knows...." He mumbled.

"I'll just ask," Aang said, standing up from the table.

Zuko grabbed his arm. "Aang, no."

"Why?" He sounded angry.

"I'm asking you not to," He said.

Aang looked at where Jet was standing, a toothpick between his teeth. He rolled his eyes and sat down. "Okay... I won't resort to violence...."

"You sound kind of disappointed," Toph said. "That's new."

"You're such a pacifist," Zuko said. "I thought you'd just report him."