13 ; visiting hours

hellooooooo I might take a few days break from writing because I don't want to get writers block aha...

<3

Zuko was supposed to visit his father in prison that weekend, because of his application for parole. It would be the first time he'd seen him in three years.

He was freaking out worse than when he had orginally asked for parole.

"Aang, I can't," He said.

"Then don't," Aang said. "If it's not required why should you?"

"Because," Zuko pulled the phone down from his ear to look around. "My uncle thinks I should."

"Isn't he like, amazing at telling what's good for you?" He asked.

"Yes, but he says I should see him and give him forgiveness," Zuko hissed. "I can't. It's too early."

"Tell him that," Aang said. "He'll understand."

"I have to go," He whispered, and hung up.

Aang dropped his phone back on the receiver and rolled onto his stomach. Even if it was the middle of the day, Aang could probably sleep on his bed at any time.

He knew his parents were downstairs. They were home for the weekend. He just didn't want to see them.

Aang worried for Zuko instead. He didn't think it was right that his father, whose name he learned was Ozai, should see him after attempted murder.

"Aang! Dinner!" His mom called.

"Coming!" He yelled back, and then didn't move.

He layed on his bed for a few moments, thinking of nothing. When his mom called again, he rolled off the bed and slowly made his way to the kitchen.

"What'd you make?" Aang asked.

"We ordered chinese," She smiled. "Your mother is getting milk from the gas station. She'll be back soon."

"I have a lot of homework," Aang said. "I should do that."

"But... we're leaving tomorrow morning," Emily said. "Couldn't you have one last family dinner?"

"Okay," Aang sighed. Deeo down he was very glad his mom had asked him to stay. Normally she would have said nothing, ruffle his hair, and continue eating.

"Good," She smiled. "Do you want more honey chicken?"

"Nah," He said.

Aang moved the food around on his plate with a fork until his mother came home. Then, after about ten minutes, he picked up his plate roughly and threw it away.

"I'm going to do homework," Aang said. "Goodnight."

"Oh, uh, alright," Hannah said, glancing at Emily. "We won't see you until next saturday."

"I know," He gave them a small smile and sprinted up the stairs.

Aang loved his parents, he just got sick of them. Not in a sense that they were around too much, because god knows they're gone most of the time. He got sick of them trying to over compensate their affection for the two or three days they were home a week. So whenever they came home, Aang miraculously had a project he needed to catch up on.

And then he'd go straight to sleep.

It was Saturday, the sun burned Zuko's eyes when he first opened them. He knew what today was. He knee if he went to see his father, something bad was going to happen.