29 ; drive

jskfkdkkdkf omg :0

Toph leaned against Aang, sighing. He put his arm around her as she sighed. "He'll show up."

"I wouldn't," Toph said.

"...Wouldn't what?"

"Show up," She said as if it were obvious. "If I were him."

Aang felt disappointed at that. Zuko wouldn't show up. He shouldn't, with all that's on his plate. But Aang still wanted him there.

"Two more hours and we have a whole three day weekend," He said.

Toph rolled her eyes. "I live with Katara. Do you really think we're going to be relaxing?"

"Are they forcing you to go out with them again?" Aang grinned. "Last time they took you to a waterpark."

"I think they forget I can't see sometimes," Toph said. "And that I can't swim..."

Aang laughed, and rested his head on his hands. He could feel the slow rise of dread in his chest, so he closed his eyes and tried not to think.

He didn't know how long he'd been sitting there before Toph tapped his shoulder. "The bus is here."

Aang decided it was high time he and Zuko talked. While he had no idea where he was, where to start looking, or where Zuko hung out most of the time, he was determined.

Since he was having a hard time thinking of places Zuko might go, he just went everywhere. The chinese restaurant, the alcohol store, the Jasmine Dragon, and even Zuko and Iroh's trailer.

Apparently, he had passed through the liquor store, and bought a large bottle of tequila with what Aang assumed was his fake I.D. He thanked the man, who had also mentioned he looked like he went towards the train station.

It was a cold night, Aang pulled on his green sweatshirt and tucked his hands into his pockets. He shivered, pulling his hood over his head. It was almost completely silent, except the gravel and rocks crunching under his feet, and an occasional cricket.

When he reached the abandoned train station, it was almost night, the dark sky pushing yhe sun below the horizon. Aang turned to leave, when he heard the familiar sound of shoes on rocks.

"Zuko?" He called out nervously.

After a moment of deafening silence, a dark figure stepped out of a turned over rail car. It was him, and Aang suddenly felt anger boil inside. Zuko had been bumming around the train station while he was worried sick at school.

"Aang?" Zuko asked quietly, and suddenly all of his anger melted away.

Aang stumbled forward and pulled Zuko into an hug. They stood there for a few awkward seconds. Aang shoved him, then. "What the hell? You had me worried sick!"

"I know," Zuko said. "I'm not going to apologize, though. I needed alone time."

"I'm not asking you to say sorry," Aang crossed his arms. He sighed, his frosted breath appearing in front of him. "How'd you get out here? Did you walk?"

"Car," Zuko nodded to a sliver of turquoise hidden behind a bundle of railcars. "How did you get here?"

"I walked," Aang said. "The guy at the store tipped me off where you went."

Zuko scoffed. "You walked all the way here. Of course you did."

Aang shifted his weight around uncomfortably. "What's that supposed to mean?"