20 ; accident

Hi!! much... uh, happier? chapter today. i think

probably not though

also!!! as you may have noticed ive been putting songs in the chapters :> theyre just songs i really like, you dont have to listen lol

Aang stared out his kitchen window, ignoring a bowl of soggy cereal next to him. The birds chirped happily outside.

Toph tapped her fingers on the table. "I'm bored."

"Tough luck," Zuko mumbled. "Just wait."

"He's taking forever!" She groaned, leaning back in her chair. "Why does he have to do this shit?"

"Meditating can help the mind," Zuko said slowly, then shrugging. "I don't know. That's what Aang told me."

"Well it's stupid," Toph said. "We could be doing so much stuff right now."

"Like what? It's 9 in the morning," He crossed his arms.

"You know, I'd finish a lot quicker if you guys would be quiet," Aang said.

"Sorry," Toph said, not so sincerely.

Aang called it about twenty minutes later, after his friend's continued constant complaining. They left the house, which Aang thought would be just as boring as sitting in his dining room.

They ended up walking along the train tracks, occasionally throwing small rocks that were piled along the side. Toph did it with her earth bending, of course.

There was a purpose for this. They were waiting for a call from Iroh. He had Aang's number, and was going to call him. Zuko's uncle was going to court that day to see if Ozai had made parole or not. Zuko had been invited by Iroh, but he still wasn't ready to see his father.

"Wanna eat something?" Toph suggested.

"Where?" Zuko kicked a pile of rocks.

"Jasmine Dragon is open," Aang said.

"Fine, but only because my uncle isn't there," He sighed.

They arrived at Iroh's shop a few minutes later, but it was almost empty. One girl sat in a booth near the door, drinking tea. She was there most days, and always had time to chat it up with Zuko.

Zuko ignored her today in favor of his friends. He'd rather always ignore her, but Iroh made sure he was nice to the customers.

Aang sat in the window seat of the booth in the back, Toph sat across from him. She lifted her legs up onto the seat as if to block Zuko from sitting there. He found it very annoying, but sat next to Aang anyway. Zuko stopped thinking it was annoying when Aang scooted closer to him.

"I want jasmine tea," Toph said.

"Order it yourself," Zuko hissed.

"I'm blind," She said.

"So what? Does it mean you can't speak?" He furrowrd his brow. "The waitress won't care if you can see or not."

"Yeah, well maybe I can't re-"

"Uh, guys," Aang cleared his throat.

The waitress was standing in front of them, looking awfully nervous. "What can I get for you today..?"

"Jasmine tea," Toph said loudly, just as Zuko opened his mouth to speak.

"Water," He continued, glaring at the waitress.

"Chamomile," Aang said quickly. "That's all, thank you."

Zuko scoffed as she walked away. Toph kicked him under the table and Aang saw his hands start to smoke.