14 ; Katara

heyyy

i just realized i wanted to write again like right after i said i wanted a few days off xD

enjoy :>

Katara was unstoppable. It was like a boulder rolling down a hill with nothing to stop it but your hands. When she wanted something, she would get it, and she knew that.

Katara always knew that. Which was why she was furious when Aang just denied her what she wanted. She wasn't used to it. Katara knew Zuko and Toph were a part of it, she suspected he liked them better than her.

Which, in reality, Aang liked all of his friends equally, but Katara didn't know that. She'd tried everything to make Aang like her as more than just a friend, even kissing him.

She decided she'd have to do something about his two favorite friends, but she wasn't too excited about it. She loved Toph, of course, but if she was in the way... she'd get crushed.

Katara didn't care about Zuko, though. She didn't like him. At all. To Katara, he was just an obstacle, she didn't stop to think that he had emotions or a personality. All Katara saw was that he was in the way, just like Toph. She saw nothing except her prize.

Aang knew all of this, though. He knew about her hatred of his friends, and he realized she needed to get help for it. After her dad left for war and Sokka had to take care of them, she'd gotten this idea in her head that if she just ignored everyone else's problems and feelings she could get whatever she wanted. And it worked whenever she tried, so, it had implanted that seed deep in her brain.

Aang felt that was why he became friends with her. Not because she forced it, because he thought he might be able to help her. It didn't turn out, but Katara was a good friend either way. She wasn't always acting stubborn.

You could call this being headstrong. Obstinate. Inflexible. Inconsiderate. Resolute. Katara calls it an awakening.

Zuko had left Aang's house that morning, looking slightly terrified because of his uncle. Aang didn't see anything happening, of course, Iroh was always so kind. But he did know Zuko had turned out a lot better without that visit to prison.

Like always, Aang rushed to do his homework the day before school started. No one called, texted, rung the doorbell even. It was good he had no distractions, but he couldn't help wanting something to happen and get him away from the stack of notebooks.

He would've taken Appa for a walk, but he feared the phone would ring while he was gone, so he just let him into the backyard. He pinned all of this avoiding leaving to the mountain of homework, but in the back of his head he knew it was because of that stupid phone. Aang wanted Zuko to call him. He wanted to know what happened when he left that morning. Did he even go back to the trailer?

Aang waited for that call the whole night, but it never came. He didn't even receive a call from his parents. Which he didn't care much either way with them, but it still would've been something. He knew the next day at school wasn't going to be much better. And, he was right.

"Aang!" Katara yelled across the courtyard, a large grin upon her face.

"Hey," He waved once she reached him. "What're you doing at school so early?"

"I decided to come early," She said, glancing behind him at the table where Zuko and Toph were sitting.

"Oh, well, I was just going to hang out with Toph and Zuko this morning," Aang stepped back. "I'll talk to you later, at my locker."