In my dream - 2

"Rowoon-ah, do you wanna be my date to the prom?"

Rowoon looked up from his book.  He saw Yuri holding a poster in front of her.  It's the year end prom poster.  It would take place three weeks from now.

"The poster was out just now, I want to be the first to invite you." Yuri said with her blushing face.

"I am sorry Yuri, I am not interested." Rowoon said, then looked back to his book.

Yuri bit her lips, then walked away.  She glared at Sohyun as she walked towards Rowoon.

Sohyun sat down in front of Rowoon.  "I said I don't wanna go." Rowoon said without looking up.

"Don't wanna go where?" Sohyun asked.  Yuri must have asked him to go somewhere.

Rowoon looked up and closed his textbook "It's nothing. Oh, mom asked you to come over for dinner on the weekend.  She misses you."

"Umm, I think it should be ok, let me confirm you tomorrow."

"Sohyun-ah." Sohyun turned around, it was Dawon calling.

"I am coming." Sohyun waved at Dawon, then turned back to Rowoon.  "We are going on our first date Friday after school, so....who knows if he will ask me out again on Saturday? I will keep you updated. Bye."

Rowoon locked his eyes on Sohyun as she walked away from him.

He felt someone tapped on his shoulder "Rowoon-ah, aren't you going to soccer practice today?"

Rowoon looked up, it was Jaeyoon, his soccer teammate.  "I can't....I need to study for the math exam." Rowoon opened his textbook again.

Jaeyoon sat down beside him.  "You are always top of the class. Why do you still study all the time? You are missing out all the fun."

Rowoon said "It's our last year of high school, I can't afford my scores to drop."

"Do you have an emperor to take over?" Jaeyoon rolled his eyes.

"Sort of."

"So you are not gonna ask Sohyun to the prom then?"

Rowoon froze for a second "What do you mean? Why would I ask her to the prom?"

Jaeyoon squeezed Rowoon's shoulder hard "Seriously? Don't you know that you never look at any girls other than Sohyun?  Either you like her or you are gay, which I am pretty sure you are not!" Jaeyoon sighed and continued "Chingu, if you don't want to see your girl being snatched by that Dawon guy, you better act fast."
____________________________________

Dawon pulled Sohyun to a quiet corner, he showed her the same prom poster.  " I know it's a bit early to ask, but I really want you to go with me."

Sohyun raised her eyebrows, she took the poster and read through the detail.  "So you want me to be your date?"

Dawon nodded instantly, his eyes were full of sincere. Sohyun smiled and tapped her chin "Umm, you know you won't be the only one who ask me right? I want to keep my option opened for now.  Let's see if you can change my mind on Friday."

Dawon smiled back "I will do my best, Don't say yes to anyone before that."

___________________________________

"Hello." Rowoon answered his phone.

"Hey noodle, I just got home! You know what he did today?" Sohyun sounded excited.

"What?"

"He gave me flowers on our first date! How sweet?! This is the first time I receive flowers from guys."