knocked up

Sohyun was anxiously sitting at a high end restaurant by herself.  She picked up the wine in front of her and put it into her mouth.  She halted before the glass could reach her lips, then slowly putting it down.

She grew more and more anxious as she waited in the restaurant.  She bit her thumb nail and lost in her thought.

Her thought brought her back to two days ago.  She was at her office looking at her calendar, she started pointing at it and counting days.  "It should have come already......how come it's not here yet?" Sohyun murmured.  She counted again, and frowned.  "That day fell within the safe period and I took the pills too....it should be fine....." She unconsciously bit her lips while her fingers were anxiously counting the days of her periods.

Sohyun sighed and flipped her calendar down, she buried her face with her hands.  She bounced her legs for a moment and finally stood up.  She grabbed her bag and walked out of the office.

Sohyun rushed into the closest convenient store and grabbed a few pregnancy test tube.  She ran back to her boutique and locked herself in the bathroom. She tore the package open and read the instructions carefully.   She was too nervous, her hands were shaking uncontrollably.  "Ok Sohyun, you've got this.  It's probably nothing, you are just confirming it now." She swung her hands a few times and focused on the instructions again. "Ok, first urinate on the tip of the test tube, then wait for a minute, if it appears to have two lines, it indicates a positive result....."

Sohyun blew out a few shaky breathes, then proceeded with the test.  She urinated on the tube and started counting. "60, 59, 58, 57....." Her heartbeat raised as she saw one line on the indicator "Ok, good.  Keep it this way....45, 44, 43."

One minute seemed more like an hour to her.  There were many thoughts that went through her mind.  "Say it's positive, would it be with Inseong or the rebound?  No no no, it can't be from Inseong, he was away for a few weeks before the break up. It's not possible.......So it must be from rebound. But who was it? Damn, I don't even know who the daddy is! Youngbin? Dawon? Zuho?  No no, it's not Zuho, the hair colour didn't match.....so that only leaves the two....wait, what about noodle? I still haven't check his chest.....but no, stupid me, why would I even think of him....."

Her phone buzzes, she slapped back and turned off the alarm on her phone.  She looked at the test tube and froze.  There were TWO LINES.

"Fuxk!" Sohyun stared at the two lines......"It can't be...........what do I do now?" She crossed her fingers and leaned on the vanity.  She took a few deep breaths, recovering from the shock.

She picked up her phone and started typing.  "Are you free for dinner?"

____________________________________

"Sohyun-ah, sorry I am late, the traffic was really bad." A voice came from behind drew Sohyun's mind back to the restaurant.

Sohyun looked up from her wine, she put aside the napkin and stood up. "Youngbin-ah, I just arrived not long ago.  Sorry I called you out of the blue."

Youngbin let out a warm smile, he walked towards Sohyun "I am glad you did.". He pushed the chair towards the table as Sohyun sat, then moved to his seat.

Sohyun leaned on the table and said "I ordered red wine today, I am no expert.  So please give your honest opinion today."

"Sure." Youngbin let out a warm smile and held up the wine glass.  "I am surprised that you are interested in wine tasting.  Have you been drinking wine a lot?" He sniffed the wine fragrance before tasting it.

"I drink it from time to time, I like fruity flavour.  I am sorry I can't drink with you today, I am not feeling too well." Technically she didn't lie.