Lesson 3: The perfect angle

Hyeri was meeting up with Taeyang for tutorial, she knocked on the practice room door before opening it. Taeyang was looking at his phone smiling.

"What's so funny?" Hyeri asked as she put down her belongings.

"Oh, Jiwon just sent me a funny meme." Taeyang quickly turned off the screen before Hyeri could glimpse on it.

"Oh....okay, let's start the practice then." Hyeri pursed her lips unknowingly as soon as Jiwon's name was brought up.

While Taeyang was playing the violin, his phone screen kept flashing. It was on silent mode, but Hyeri could see on the screen who's calling. Her frown grew deeper, she looked back on her note and kept writing.

As soon as Taeyang finished playing, he saw the annoyance on Hyeri's face. "Was it that bad?"

"Huh?" Hyeri looked at Taeyang confused. Then realized that her brows were knitting together. "Oh, I am sorry, I was a little distracted." She looked back at her note and kept writing.

"You have missed calls by the way." Hyeri said without looking away from her note.

"Oh." Taeyang turned on his phone screen and checked. "It's Jiwon, she must be calling about this weekend."

Hyeri halted as she heard that name again. She fixed her glasses and blinked.

Taeyang moved a little closer to Hyeri and said lowly. "What should I do noona? Should I go out with her?"

His warm breath tickled Hyeri's ear, she moved her head slightly away from him. "How.....how would I know."

"I am asking because I wanted to do the photoshoot with you, but you haven't say yes yet.....so should I go with her instead?"

Hyeri looked him in the eyes, trying to figure out what's on his mind. Did he like Jiwon, or was he using her to provoke herself?

"Noona, I am waiting." Taeyang said softly.

Hyeri's heart went weak, why he had to talk to her with that face and that tone. She diverted her gaze and said "Let's....let's talk about it later."

Taeyang's phone flashed again. He picked up the phone and looked at the caller ID. It's Jiwon again.

Hyeri bit her lips and watched Taeyang's finger moving towards the green button on the screen, her heartbeat raised as his finger moved closer and before she knew it, her hand was on holding onto his.

"Noona?" Taeyang looked at her surprised by her action.

"Let's do the photoshoot this weekend." There, she said it.

Taeyang looked at her with a winning smile. "What should I tell her then." He glanced at his phone briefly and looked back at her.

"Just tell her you are busy." She swallowed.

Hyeri's eyes locked on Taeyang's finger, which started moving again. She leaned closer and saw his finger pressed on the red button. She let out a relieving breath.

Taeyang put his phone away, he looked back at her, couldn't stop smiling. He rolled his hand around and held her hand in his palm.
"I will text her later."

Hyeri stared at their holding hands, realized what she had just done. She quickly pulled away her hand and pushed her note towards him. "Let's review the notes now."

Taeyang looked at Hyeri from the side while she explained her notes to him. That's it. That's the perfect angle. That's the angle he took the picture of her years ago. Her perfect jaw line, the long eyelashes, the pink cheeks and the small lips, he loved every features of her at this perfect angle. He slowly leaned in and landed a soft kiss on her cheek.