Emergency

"After the new commercial release, our new platform visit rate has gone up more than 50%.  The users had positive feedback on our new ambassador and our new platform." Assistant manager Cho reported at the weekly Marketing team meeting.

Rowoon was seating at the back, staring at his phone from time to time.  He had texted Sohyun a few times today, but didn't get any response.  He picked up his phone and checked again.  All the messages are read, but no reply.  He creased his forehead, and hesitated whether he should call her.  He missed her but didn't want to seem too clingy.

"And we have predicted another 20% growth of users once the commercials are up at all platforms in the next two months." Assistant manager Cho put down his notes after finishing his presentation.  He nervously looked at Rowoon and waited for his feedback; the man who was kitting his brows through his entire presentation.  He had a bad feeling about this, that he was about to be slayed.  The room went dead silent, and everybody was looking at Rowoon, who was busy staring at his phone.

"Sir?" Secretary Yoo tapped on Rowoon's shoulder.

"Huh?" Rowoon looked up and found everybody staring at him.  "Oh....please continue."

"Ar... I had concluded my presentation, Manager Kim." Assistant manager Cho responded nervously.

"Oh.....then let's wrap up the meeting here.  Please send a copy of your presentation to me.  I will look at it later." Rowoon picked up his phone and headed out of the meeting room right the way.

Junior B: Wow, that's new.  I have never seen Manager Kim being so out of it.

Intern C: I know right?  Did he break up with his girlfriend or something?

Senior A: You wish! But don't forget there is a long line up ahead of you.

Intern C pouted and walked out of the meeting room with the rest of the team.

Secretary Yoo followed behind Rowoon to his office after the meeting.  Rowoon paced back and forth in the room, obviously had something in his mind.

"Is there anything I can help you, sir?" Secretary Yoo asked.

"No......wait...yes." Rowoon blinked a few times before he asked. "Do you like rose or daisy?"

Secret Yoo widened her eyes, she looked down to hide her blushing face. "Uh.....umm....daisy?"

"Rose it is!" Rowoon picked up his phone and made a call to a flower shop.

_____________________________________

The door bell rang, Mingi looked up from her counter to greet her customer.  She paused as soon as she saw who was coming.  "Ar.....Inseong ssi."

Inseong gave Mingi the brightest smile.  She had a weakness for that smile.  It was just deadly.  She had always liked Inseong, he was handsome, kind and fun.  He would be a perfect match with her boss if he hadn't dumped her for his now ex-fiancee.  She saw the news about him breaking off the engagement.  Perhaps that's the reason why he was here.

"Mingi-ah, how have you been?" Inseong asked and smiled at her once again.

Mingi sighed. She loved that smile.  What a waste having it on a jerk's face. And yes, she kinda hated him now.  "I am okay, how about yourself?" She answered lifelessly.

"I am fine. Hey is your boss here?" Inseong asked eagerly.

"Yes.  But I don't think that she would want to see you."

"Ar...ha." Inseong laughed out of embarrassment.  "I know that, but I really want to talk to her, please?"

That's it, she gave up.  She couldn't resist that face even though he was a jerk.  She sighed at herself and picked up her phone.  "Hey boss, Inseong ssi is here to see you."