Chapter 25

Ryler:

I'm tied to a chair and I fight against the restraints. I need to get out of here. The ropes cut into my skin and I see blood spill out from my wrists and it burns, but I ignore the pain. I hear a door open and I look up and I see him. Colt. I'm immediately filled with relief. He's here. I'm safe. But then I see him behind him with a knife pressed firmly against Colt's throat.

No.

This can't be happening.

This isn't real.

I blink rapidly as I thrash in the chair and I wince from the pain of the ropes and the cuts they are creating on my skin. "Let him go!" I screech as tears burn in my eyes.

He shakes his head as he smirks evilly, "I told you he couldn't protect you" he says darkly. "Everyone you love will die."

"Please no" I wail as more tears fall. I'm begging but I don't care. I will beg for Colt's life. I will do anything to save him. "Please let him go. Please!"

"I'm sorry" Colt whispers sadly and I can see it in his eyes that he feels he has failed me. He hasn't though. I've failed him. I've brought him here to this. This is all my fault.

I watch horrified as he drags the knife across Colt's throat. "No!" I scream as I watch Colt's lifeless body fall to the ground. His beautiful gray eyes stare up at me dull and lifeless. Tears spill freely from my eyes as I feel like I myself have been stabbed with a knife, like I am the one bleeding out. I continue to thrash in the chair begging for Colt to get up even though I know he never will. I'm so lost in my grief that when he approaches me with the knife I don't even flinch when he raises it and jams it into my heart.