Chapter 32

Ryler:

I wake the next morning to find Colt wrapped around me like a vine, a very sexy vine. His head is resting on my bare chest and his arm is slung protectively over my waist and one of his legs lays tangled between mine. I look down at him and admire him asleep on my chest. Once again I'm amazed by how young he looks when he sleeps, how peaceful and carefree. For once he doesn't look like he holds the weight of the world on his shoulders. I move my eyes to his back which is exposed to me. I've never gotten to study his back so closely before. First I notice his tattoos. There are several splayed across his back, most of them are just tribal tattoos and different symbols like on his chest and arms. They are beautiful though as I observe them more closely I notice I recognize one of the symbols. I recognize it because it is the design of the necklace he gave me. My hearts swells, because while I knew he gave this necklace to me to keep my safe, to know that he had it specifically designed in one of the tattoos he has on his body made it so much more intimate. It made me realize that he loved me even then.

I tentatively reach out to touch him but I don't want to wake him so I very gently trail my fingertips over the tattoo. I see his scars and I count them. There are five more on his back. That's seventeen in total. Seventeen. His body has been way more broken than mine ever has and somehow he was three times as strong. He seemed unbreakable to me. Physically at least. Emotionally I knew I had the power to break him. I wasn't sure I like having that power.

I continue to trail my fingers across his skin and eventually his eyes flutter open as he blinks sleepily at me. "Good morning" he says as he smiles at me.

"Good morning" I say as I give him a smile of my own because how could I not smile at him at a time like this.

"What are you doing?" he asks as he looks back at my hand which is still caressing his back.

"Taking advantage of you while you sleep" I quip. "Are you going to arrest me Agent Storm?" I ask as I playfully raise an eyebrow at him.

He raises one back as he smirks at me and I find myself once again enjoying the sexy curve of his lips. "I do have some handcuffs in the car. Shall we take a ride to the station?" he asks.

I giggle enjoying our playful banter because most of the time we are talking about stuff that is life and death. It was nice to keep things light between us sometimes. Plus I really liked playful Colt. He is super cute and fun.

Before I can say anything Colt kisses me while I'm still laughing and he catches me by surprise but it's not long before I kiss him back. I kiss him with fire and passion, not caring that I probably have morning breath. He doesn't seem to care either since he kisses me with just as much hunger and want. He rests between my legs and I feel his erection pressing against me and I instinctively flex my hips upward. He groans against me as he kisses me harder. I want to tell him I need to get lost in him again, that when we're like this together I don't feel like I'm going to die. I want to tell him how much I need and want him and love him, but before I get the chance Colt's phone rings.

He stills above me as he stops kissing me and rests his forehead against mine breathing heavily. He lets the phone ring two more times before he gets up to answer. I watch him as he slips on his boxer briefs and then picks up the phone.

"Storm" he says gruffly into the phone. "We're fine . . . Yes, she just needed to get away for a night . . . She's doing better this morning sir." I wonder who he is talking to but when I hear him say sir I know he must be talking to Agent Hawthorne and I feel my cheeks flame since I'm sitting here naked. "I think everything with her parents had her rattled . . ." he pauses as Agent Hawthorne responds and I see his expression darken. "He did . . . Well I hope you don't agree with him sir . . ." Colt smiles briefly but it doesn't fully touch his eyes. "Okay good. Thank you sir. I'm glad you agree with me on this. Goodbye sir."