The Memories: Part 2

AN: Cute snek!! (Meme spelling)

Time: The Day when the godlings finally got godhood

"Rise, Perseus, god of time, matter, space and energy!" The Fates chanted. Percy rose from his kneeling position in front of them, glancing at Artemis and Athena, who were cheering. Apollo was busy admiring and customizing his new throne.

It was the day when the Olympian godlings finally became gods. Artemis became the goddess of hunting, virginity, moon, forests, and patron of maidens. Athena became the goddess of wisdom, strategies, and war. Apollo was the god of the sun, music, prophecies, and healing. Hermes had several domains which Percy did not feel like recalling at the moment. All he remembered was that he was given the position of the Messenger of the gods.

And....Ares. That pampered bastard who was always shielded by Hera, and kept aloof of the suffering of the people and the other godlings. He was the God of War. To say his mom was proud of her son would be an understatement.

"Hail!" The Fates chanted, before they flashed away. A new Throne rose between Apollo and Hermes, just across Artemis.

It did not look comfortable at all. They showed stars and galaxies moving across the black surface of his obsidian throne. The armrests of the throne were designed as snakes. An enormous cobra, hood spread snarled at the others from the back of his throne, where it was emblazoned into the stone. Snow hissed, looking at the cobra, mistaking it for a real snake. There was an hourglass on the top of the throne, which resembled his domain of time.

As soon as Percy took his throne, his nose was assaulted with a mixture of the most delicious smells. Roasted steak, stewed beef, nectar, ambrosia, and incense, everything blended together to form a hodgepodge of smells which was not supposed to go together, but did anyway. His ears rang with all the prayers people across the world offered him, and all the snakes praising their lord. Every demigod who sacrificed their food, sacrificed a bit to him, for he was the patron god of demigods, too.

Percy had been dressed for the occasion quite carefully by his mother, Amphitrite. He even had to wake up early that morning because his mother wanted him to look impeccable for his ascent to godhood. The day before, his swords had been sent to the forges to be sharpened and polished. Yes, swords. Fang he already had, but his close friend, a Hesperide daughter of Atlas, Zöe had gifted him another sword, Anaklusmos. He was clad in black armour that the Cyclops armoursmiths of Atlantis had specially made for him.

He did not know it then, but he would be wearing that armour even when he walked into the Throne Room for the last time.

He stared at Artemis and Athena who were looking at him intently. As they met his gaze, the two new goddesses turned away, blushing, making Percy extremely confused.

He tuned out Zeus' chatter as whatever he said had nothing to do with him and his domains. He was just welcoming all the new gods to Olympus. Apparently, there would be an official welcoming party the next week. They would have to wisely utilise this time to get their domains in order and to get the hang of immortality.

Percy thought about what his mom would be doing. She would most probably be watching the proceedings on live television, and would be crying and gloating over how her son was so strong and mighty. He then thought about Hestia and smiled. He had two moms. No, not only he, but every citizen on Olympus had two moms, Hestia being the second. She was motherly to everybody, even her own brothers and sisters.