The Next Two Tests

AN: ....RIP Diego Maradona, one of the contestants for the eternal honour and glory of being the GOAT.

Time: Next Day

Much like the previous day, the dark-haired fallen god flashed to the outskirts of the Camp, which was about to be tested.

He looked up at the sky, watching the dark sky pale as the sun rose in the east. The purple misty clouds floated across the sky, making Percy strangely nostalgic, though he couldn't put his finger on it. A few birds were already in the sky, either taking flight or returning to their nests. The sunlight filtered through the slight fog that hung in the forest air, and peeked over the leaves of the tall conifers.

A strong, cold wind battered the god, making his tanned skin sting and slightly flush. Snow, ironically, was curled around his stomach for the warmth, away from the cold. She wriggled, though her movements were not visible through the black metal breastplate that covered the god. His black hair was ruffled in the wind, leaving his pink ears. He raised a gloved hand to rub his nose for the warmth, and then placed it on the hilt of the sword that rested at his waist. He hesitated for a moment, before rubbing the blade, clearing it for the misty whiteness that had appeared on the black metal.

He silently observed the Camp. The Hunters were just stirring, though it was a lot earlier than what they were usually used to. They knew about the coming test under the Titan Council, and were appropriately prepared.

Percy stepped into the Camp, being greeted by a few who were just emerging from their tents. The moist soil and twigs crunched underneath his metal boots. He continued walking, stopping only when he saw Annabeth emerge from a tent.

He greeted the blonde-haired daughter of Apollo with a hug and a good morning kiss on the forehead. She giggled, hugging him back, despite the fact that the exterior of his metal armour was undoubtedly quite cold. Percy stood back, and flashed her a smile, before he turned serious. "Go find Phoebe, and tell her and Atlanta to wake up Zöe and Thalia, and to keep a watch on the two."

He watched her nod and run away, following her blonde hair with his eyes until she was shielded by the silver tents. Resuming his earlier trudge to Leto's tent, he walked on, waving to a few Hunters, and correcting the jacket on a young one.

He approached the black and silver tent, knocking on the post and waiting for Leto to allow him entry.

The reply came after a few moments. "Come in!"

Percy opened the flap of the tent, stooping slightly as he came in. The opaque black fabric of the tent blocked out all light and sound.

He watched the auburn-haired Titaness straighten her dress in front of the mirror, moving to the desk as she combed her hair. Percy separated the mess of notes on her desk from each other, one stack being his own input, and the other written in her elegant writing. He skimmed through a few of them, before picking up the quill that was on her desk. He dipped it in the inkpot, and proceeded to scribble some writings on the paper, trying to cram it all in the margins.

Finally done, the auburn-haired Titaness moved to the desk to see what he was so intently working on. The black-haired Titan was bent down on the desk, trying to cram minuscule writings into one of her papers. A quick glance told her that this was the third paper subjected to the fate.

She sighed.

The sound jolted Percy out of the stupor that he had stepped in. He glanced up at Leto in confusion, before looking down and blushing as he saw what he had done. "Sorry." He apologized in a quiet voice, moving away from the desk.