The Day Off

AN: Long time! It's been more than one month since I updated this last! Cheers!

Time: A few Weeks Later

Artemis could safely say that she was getting closer to Perseus, same as Athena. What she couldn't explain was why Calypso was helping them. She had originally assumed that the Titaness would be jealous of them. A lot.

Speaking of Percy, no matter how manipulative or cunning he was, he seemed to have no idea as to what was going on inside his very own household. It was a chaotic flurry of events every day, whenever he was there. He would be awkward around them all the time, but slowly and surely, he was loosening up.

Artemis remembered an event a few days earlier.

She had been up early as always, and was trying to reach the chocolate chips at the highest cabinet. Percy did not like anyone stealing his chocolate chips. She stood on her tiptoes, trying to reach, but could only graze the small jar with her fingertips, trying to get it without climbing on the counter or a chair.

She failed to notice Percy sneaking up behind her. The titan grabbed her waist, eliciting a yelp from her as he lifted her effortlessly onto the counter. Artemis' feet did not reach the ground, and she swung them awkwardly as Percy moved close to her with a teasing smile on his face. He placed his torso between her legs, pressing up lightly against her, as he reached up to get whatever he wanted.

Artemis realised that he was not wearing a shirt, and his muscles flexed and stretched as he reached up. His chest, neck and shoulders were covered with hickeys, and his body was glistening slightly with sweat and what Artemis assumed to be Calypso's saliva.

She was still staring into the endless pools of his mischievous sea-green eyes as Percy handed her something. She held the glass jar loosely in her hands, not paying attention to it, as she was Percy smirk slightly at her, before he removed himself, to go refill the coffee machine. He loved his caffeine.

Artemis stared at Percy's bare back and chest for the rest of the time he was there. Her small, hanging feet had come to a stationary rest, as she stared slightly open-mouthed at him working. His body was so warm, he made her feel warm...a feeling she had all but forgotten over the last four millennia.

Suddenly Artemis became self-conscious. She closed her mouth, wiping the drool that had escaped her on the back of Percy's -excuse me- her shirt. She tried desperately to flatten her bed hair, stroking her slightly knotted auburn locks with her graceful fingers. She was wearing Percy's navy blue boxers again as underwear, of course, but they couldn't be seen over the large shirt that she wore. It was another cobalt blue shirt of some water polo team, showing horses for some reason. The full-sleeved shirt was so large that she felt like it was more of a nightgown for her, reaching down to her knees. The sleeves hung down her small arms, flapping around madly whenever she moved. Every time Artemis made an attempt to control them, they would just slide back down, obstructing her from doing anything.

It was only after Percy had left the kitchen with two mugs of hot, steaming nectar that Artemis realised what she was holding. Percy had, willingly, handed her his jar of chocolate chips. Artemis stared at the glass for a minute, before she looked up open-mouthed, to stare at the doorway where Percy had disappeared. She shook the jar slightly to herself, enjoying the sound of the small chips against the glass.

Percy was hardly at home, now that Artemis thought of it. She mostly saw Percy at dinner, in the early mornings when nobody was awake, and a few times when she had walked in on him fucking Calypso.