The Birthday

AN: THIS YEAR FOR CALCUTTA! THE CUP IS OURS, BITCHES!

Time: Next Day

Artemis groaned, burying deeper into the covers.

It was still early in the morning, and she was still tired from yesterday's excursion. All the new clothes she had bought had replaced her wardrobe, and she was free to wear them. But she was still clad in Percy's clothes, primarily because they were extremely comfy, but mainly because she felt as if it would make her more alluring in Percy's eyes.

The moon goddess could swear that she looked like a complete mess right then. Her dark auburn hair was a rat's nest, and her stomach still felt full from yesterday's buffet.

The sunlight filtered in through the window at the head of her bed, making her groan and hide her face in the soft pillow. Birds chirped outside, the melodious twittering sounding quite irritating to the sleepy goddess. The air held a slight chill to it, making the goddess pull the white covers up to her chin. She missed the others' body heat, from when they all cuddled up on the couch last day and watched movies till midnight.

And happily, today, she did not have to wake up to Calypso's pleasured screams, or the sounds of the two having sex in the corridor.

The auburn-haired goddess sat up, letting the covers fall to her waist, and scratched the back of her head, slightly trying to flatten her hair. She smacked her dry lips, before pulling up Percy's loose Juventus shirt which threatened to drop from her shoulders and leave her half-naked.

She made her way to the shower, coming out merely a  few minutes later, a changed person from the snappy goddess who woke up. She was now wearing Percy's favourite red Liverpool away jersey, with the same navy-blue boxers. Her hair was combed, and still slightly wet, returned to its naturally curly state, and let down. Her skin had a glow to it as she got out of the shower, followed by a slight mist from the hot shower. The smell of lavender, which she used as a bath soap, hung about heavily in the air.

She made her way downstairs to find that everybody was already there. She was greeted by a nod and 'Good Morning' from Calypso and Athena, and a bear hug from Percy.

Artemis laughed into his chest, slightly tapping his arm to indicate him to let go. Percy did not free her, instead carrying her to her seat and pushing the chair back in when she was seated. He placed a soft kiss on her forehead, making Athena pout. "You never kiss my forehead!" She pointed out in a whiny voice.

Percy laughed, pressing his lips to the blonde's forehead. "I thought you would be afraid of anyone touching your forehead." He teased.

Athena's ears turned golden, and she turned to the new book that was propped up against the nectar jug.

Percy pecked Calypso's lips, before sliding along a stack of blue pancakes to Artemis. "Extra syrup?" He asked.

Artemis smiled at him, and Percy sighed, handing her the jug of maple syrup. "Take as much as you want." He said, making Artemis smile gleefully.

Her bright demeanour seemed to be reflected in the room, as Athena was smiling to herself as she read, Percy was trying to make everyone laugh as he fumbled about, and Calypso merely observed Artemis quietly with a smile on her face.

"What has got you so worked up today, Percy?" Artemis asked, stopping Percy in his tracks as he demonstrated a rain dance performed upside down.