The Eve

AN: I'll try to publish my Christmas Chapter on Christmas, so here's Christmas Eve. Also, some ideas in this chapter have been taken from TheMuffinMan69 to whom, this book is dedicated.

Time: A few days later

Percy hummed to himself as he flashed onto his island home, back from his day's excursion.

He had threatened several Titans, cleared things up with the females whom he had fucked in his drunkenness, and threatened some more Titans.

It was Christmas Eve, and a slight layer of snow lined the streets of Othrys, giving it an ethereal look, but not causing any trouble in the traffic and pedestrians.

He had rushed to one of the mortal giftshops as soon as he got free from threatening Titans, and had bought loads and loads of gifts. And when he said loads, he meant he had bought all the gifts available in three damn supermarkets. After all, he had to gift every demigod in the world, every Titan, every occupant of Othrys, and Atlantis. Fortunately, the Undead and the Monsters did not care much for gifts, though that did not prevent Percy from getting the Nemean Lion a new, indestructible chew toy, and gilded horns for the Minotaur.

Most of them had received generalised gifts, except the Titans, and except his own adopted demigod children. Needless to say, the Hunters had been extremely happy with their gifts, which Percy had painstakingly selected over the course of a few hours, taking only the top quality products for his favourite man-haters.

Thalia had already complained that Annabeth was not leaving her new laptop, loaded with architectural knowledge. When she had Iris Messaged him, Percy noticed that she constantly played with the beautiful locket he had got her, containing a picture of her, Jason, and her deceased mother when they were kids. A mirror copy of the locket had been given to Jason.

While returning, he had visited a couple of animal shelters, buying all the animals available, and gifting them to the few whom he knew would take good care of them. Rachel and Hestia had got large collections of kittens and puppies respectively. So had Reyna, who had wanted a cat for a long time.

Percy stood beside the pool outside the low lying, cosy looking house, surveying his surroundings with a smile on his face. On his hand, he carried a basket, in which lay the girls' Christmas gift. He knew they would love it.

The sea was calm, the sound of the gentle waves relaxing and calming Percy down. The breeze was gentle and cool, Ogygia being a tropical island, it was never really cold there. The leaves of the trees rustled and swayed in the breeze. The moon, a waxing crescent, glowed brightly silver in the sky, dotted with innumerable stars. A nocturnal bird hooted behind him, before it took flight in a rustle of feathers and wings. The gentle fragrance of baked delicacies wafted through the air, making the smile on Percy's face even wider.

The pool gently rippled in the breeze, it's clear waters reflecting the moon in the sky. Several deck chairs lay abandoned by the pool, with a small table. Of to the side, the long level football field looked lonely, slightly glowing in the moonlight.

He moved towards the house.

The bright lights that were switched on in the house flooded the neighbouring areas with light, illuminating the pool partially. Through the windows, he could see one of the girls moving on the second floor, before she descended down the stairs. The house seemed alive with activity, emanating a slight glow that made Percy feel happy and protected.

With a smile on his face, he slid the glass door open, stepping inside.

The moment the tall Titan stepped into the kitchen-and-dining hall, all activity stopped as everyone turned to look at him.