The Consequences

AN: Ehhh...I don't know how to write this. But let's see.

Time: Unknown

Percy woke up on a soft bed. He couldn't open his eyes, but for once, he didn't feel the regular effects of a hangover. Rather, he felt... nice. The bed he was sleeping on was familiar and lovely, the pillow his head rested on was soft. His heartbeat calm, his breathing normal. A soft soothing light tinged his closed eyelids with a red glow, and a refreshing scent of wet earth and olives reached his nostrils, calming his mind. Someone off to the right of his bed was humming a song, a Greek nursery rhyme that he liked.

His lips were okay, soft and wet, and his mouth tasted like nectar and ambrosia.

Although his chest and abdomen were still sore, and his jaw and cheeks stung, Percy had never felt better and more invigorated. The air was cool and comfortable, and the soft blanket covering his torso was warm. His right hand was dipped in a bowl of warm salt water to speed up his healing process.

Someone was sitting at his head, a soft pressure forming a depression on the mattress which he felt. Percy couldn't help but lean towards the source of the warmth, but in vain. Despite his desperate attempts to try and reach the warm body, his body did not respond. He tried opening his eyes, but in vain.

Then the Titan noticed a small, soft hand stroking his cheek gently, oblivious to his awareness of its actions. A pressure on his chest, listening to his heartbeat, a lush mane of hair tingling against his chin. Percy deduced it was someone's head. She smelled of the wet earth. Percy waited for a few moments as the female continued listening o his heartbeat, trying to discern who she was. The scent was familiar....

It struck him like a truck, making Percy want to stir, but again his body did not respond. Artemis moved her stroking hand from his cheek, to run it gently against the side of his face, and making Percy lean into her soft touch. She removed a wet cloth from his forehead, making Percy start as he hadn't realised it was there in the first place. She dipped it into a bowl of water, judging from the splashing and rinsing sound, and a few moments later, Artemis replaced the cool, wet cloth on his forehead, gently patting it with her dainty fingers.

Percy's heart broke. He remembered what he had done. He remembered what they had done. He knew his feelings. He did not want to do anything. He did not want to decide. He only wanted to wrap them up in his arms and protect the three girls from everything, leading them to an eternity of happiness and joy. He had failed. Through his own actions.

He tried to say something, most probably, 'I love you', but no sound came from his throat. Percy felt as if he was back in the Void, dead to the outside world. But that couldn't be... he was listening to the outside world, he knew what was happening, his body was still intact...

"His medicines." The voice was soft, and low, but it was still unbearably loud to Percy. He tried to wince, but his facial muscles refused to cooperate.

But he knew the voice. It was Athena. The blonde.... Percy's heart broke again as he knew the guilt she was wallowing in. It was not your fault, he tried to say, it was mine. But no sound came from his throat.

He felt his lips being pried open worn soft fingers- he loved their taste- then some crushed ambrosia being forced into his mouth. A soft pair of lips crashed onto his, ensuring that the godly food stayed in, and Percy wanted to stir again, realising he was kissing Athena. He wanted to wrap his strong arms around her and kiss her back, but again, could not.