Chapter 1

Samantha POV

Caffeine doesn't actually keep you awake, but it is addictive. There I was sitting on my couch with three empty cups of coffee typing away on my laptop to meet a deadline due in a few hours for one of the most expensive restaurants I had been assigned to write the review for, when there was a knock on my door.

"Ugh...why why why?" I grumbled as I walked over to answer. "Who is this?"

"Is this Samantha Coleman?" A deep husky voice spoke on the other side.

"What's it to you?" I sighed.

"Listen can we talk, I have a business proposal for you."

I looked down at my clothes. I was dressed in an old vest with coffee stains on it and booty shorts. This is so not professional. My apartment itself was tiny and disorganised with lots of clutter. The sink still had dishes from a week ago for heavens sake. Why am I like this?

"Give me ten minutes and I will be right out!"

I rushed to my room. No time to shower so I brushed my unruly hair and put on a pair of jeans and some random clean top I found. Sprayed a little perfume to at least smell decent. I grabbed a blazer, my phone and keys ready to go.

I don't know why I felt like I was missing something though.

I opened the door to see a tall and handsome guy with dark brown hair and light blue eyes dressed casually. He had a weird expression on his face as I walked out.

Oh no! Did he see the hoarding in my apartment? I didn't think I opened the door that wide.

I raised my eyebrows with my hands on my hips, "Any problem?"

"No, no. Just that I think you may have forgotten to put on some shoes." He said with the confused look still on his face.

My eyes widened as I shoved my bag into his hands and ran inside to get some sandals.

We were now seated at a table in a coffee shop two minutes away from my apartment.

"So I'm guessing you are Harry, the guy who I spoke to on the phone yesterday?" I questioned taking a sip of my latte.

He looked displeased. "Yes I spoke to you yesterday but my name is Hunter, not Harry. My restaurant 'Bon Appetite' opened last month and we are doing okay but I would like to have more customers to increase my profit margins."

"And that's where I come in, am I right...Hunter?"

"I have read your work." He stated.

I shook my head, "If you want a review on the New York times article I must tell you that you have to talk to my boss not me. I don't critic the food, I just write the article based on her notes."

I was already gathering my things when Hunter placed his hand on mine to stop me, "I mean your actual writing from your blog 'Sammy Says' and I happen to like your work."

Relaxing I took my hand back. "You read my blog. You know I only write about basic food and not fancy cuisine that only rich people can afford."

Hunter folded his hands. "That's why I need you. Someone who can tell me the honest truth and show me that my food is worth the money."

=============================

Ola! What do you think of the concept?
Follow for updates
Comment and tell me what's going through your head
Vote to help motivate me
PS thank you for reading this