Chapter 14

Hunter POV

Three months flew by like a breeze.

Standing in front of my parent's mansion was truly daunting. I wasn't really sure why they had called me over for a Sunday lunch. Not that they bothered to invite me themselves anyway, they sent Kylie to do it.

I was embraced in a hug as soon as I stepped inside. "Thanks for coming bro!" Kylie squeled as she jumped excitedly.

I sent a genuine smile her way. "You called me over here so how could I not come. How is work?"

"Fantastic. I can't wait to tell you all about it during lunch." She pulled my hand and led me to the garden outside where my parents were already seated at the picnic table.

"Mom...Dad." I greeted with a curt nod before taking my seat. It felt awkward sitting at the same table as the people who kicked me out and haven't talked to me in over a year.

They both looked at each other before grinning at me. I will be honest, I shifted a little in my seat feeling uncomfortable.

"Welcome home, son." My mother greeted back.

The maids set the food on the table. I took notice that all of my favourite dishes had been prepared. Everyone else dug in but I couldn't help but wonder why the special treatment.

"Bro, you keep playing with your fork. Aren't you going to eat?" Kylie asked with a mouthful.

Mom rolled her eyes before scolding her. "Kylie, table manners please. I've always told you how disgusting it is. Also, it isn't that hard to use the word brother."

Kylie swallowed her food before continuing. "Oh mother, I am not in a board room. I'm at home and it's a beautiful day. Let me eat in peace." She faced me wiggling her eyebrows. "It's your favourite dishes especially the sweet cake you never get sick of."

"That's exactly what I'm thinking Kylie. Why am I here being offered my favourite food from the people who haven't talked to me in over a year?" I asked directing the question to my parents.

My father placed his fork down and interlocked his fingers raising his eyes to meet mine. "I am sorry Hunter. Your mother and I realised that we were wrong to force our dream on you. It was inconsiderate and we apologise son."

Son. I hadn't heard him call me that in so long I didn't even know how to feel.

"Are you saying that only because my restaurant is a success." I quipped.

My mother shook her head with sadness written all over her face. "No darling. We thought that if we kicked you out, you would come back in a month but you never did. You picked yourself up and fought, not only to prove us wrong but to live your dream. Nothing could make me prouder."

"Both Kylie and yourself have made us feel like we did a good job at raising you like true Greys. You never gave up, you both pushed and conquered. We love you and we always have." My father finished.

My heart felt so warm with the love that I had been missing from my parents. I released something between a chuckle and a sigh as my eyes became glassy. "You have no idea how long I've been waiting to hear that."

==================

Hello! Thank you for reading^_^
Follow for updates
Comment what's going through your head
Vote vote vote!!!