Chapter 13

Samantha POV

It's so crazy how quickly time moves. My two weeks with my parents had come to an end and all my clothes were packed and ready to go. I didn't want to leave though.

"Sammy hurry up! Your ride has been waiting for the longest time now." My mom yelled from downstairs.

Dragging my feet down the stairs, I huffed. "I see how eager you are to get rid of me."

As I reached the bottom, I froze as a familiar face came into sight. I would never forget those chocolate brown eyes and that long brown hair. "Julian."

He grinned as he came in for a hug. "Sammy."

After I released him still in shock of his presence, I looked at my parents with my mouth still hanging open and my eyebrows furrowed. My dad looked away and my mom gave an unsubtle wink. "We called him to give you a ride, love. We thought you'd missed him."

I chuckled as I excitedly gave him another hug. "I can't believe you're here. Its been so long."

I gave my hearty goodbyes to my parents after that. They seemed more excited to see Julian than they were sad to see me leave.

"So do you still sing?" I asked him as he drove to the airport.

He nodded. "Yeah, of course. That's how we met remember."

I bit my lip to hold in the smile that was bursting to come out. "You sang at the born fire and I was mesmerised."

Julian glanced at me for a brief moment with the same sparkle in his eye that he had all those years ago. "We were cracking back then. We both wanted to say something to the world. You in writing and I, with my music. Its too bad it didn't work out."

My smile faltered as the atmosphere in the car suddenly changed. I hesitated at first but I mustered up the courage to ask either way. "Why did...why did we break up in the first place?"

Julian sighed with his eyes still on the road. "Sammy, I loved you and I know you did too even though you never said it back. You just always seemed to push me away if I got too close or something. Being in a relationship with you was like walking on thin ice, never knowing when you're going to crack."

"Was I that cold?" I frowned.

He shook his head. "You loved me but it was like you just didn't know how. It's like you're afraid of attachments. I even remember you got a pet fish just because you wouldn't have to touch it."

That night when I arrived at my apartment, I wasn't tired. In fact, I was the most energetic I had ever been in a long time. 

I started by washing all of my dirty dishes. While they were getting cleaned in the dishwasher, I picked up all of my dirty clothes and placed them  in a laundry basket. 

It was three a.m when I went to the basement to get my laundry done where I saw a woman already in there sitting on a machine with a pretzel and a beer in hand.

"I'm the only one that does laundry at this time of the night." She said looking at me from behind her long curls.

I eyed her wearily and just ignored, assuming she was drunk.

"Are you a maid by day and a mom by night too?" She quipped. "I'm London."

"Samantha." I introduced.

====================

Hy there! Thank you for reading ^_^
Follow for updates
Comment what's going through your head
Vote vote vote!!!