Chapter 12

Hunter POV

"Send Chef Damian to my office please." I instructed a waiter who was walking past my office.

He gave a curt nod and left. A few minutes later Damian walked into my office and sat on the chair opposite mine. "You called, I came. Wassup bro?"

Damian was the executive chef in the kitchen when I was not present and he handled the job pretty well. "I wanted to talk about the new recipes."

"The ones that we've already included in the menu are a success, especially the cheesecake. Did you happen to have any new ideas boss?"

I leaned forward in my chair with Sam's notebook in hand. She had forgotten it at my place. "Yes actually. For the cherry pie use a combination of cherries instead of the overly sweet canned ones we use. Add fresh and preserved sour cherries then place a thin layer of almond paste at the bottom and toasted almond crumb at the top."

Damian immediately sat up and took a pen and paper on my table taking note of everything I was saying. "That sounds really good, people will surely love this."

"Yeah, someone taught me about the importance of layering." I sighed my mind slowly wandering to Sam. "The crab salad, stir it in some yuzukosho mayonnaise and lay it on a cushion avocado purée."

I continued to dictate some recipes to Damian while he noted them all down. "Alright boss, I will try these out in the evening with the junior chefs and then we will add them to the menu."

I nodded. "Good. While you are at it, we need new ideas and I'm willing to give anyone a chance if they want to bring something to the table. Please pass the word to everyone else."

"Yes chef." He said before leaving.

Those two words themselves took me back to a memory with Sam.

"Clean the calamari while I cut these vegetables." I ordered.

She smiled at me, "yes chef!"

I rolled my eyes as I continued to chop. The next thing I heard a scream and when I looked up I saw ink flying towards me. I didn't have time to react as it splashed onto my face.

I wiped my eyes and opened my eyes to see Sam in shock with her hand covering her mouth and her eyes bulged. "Oh my gosh!"

We both burst into laughter all of a sudden. "I told you to never let me into the kitchen. " She said between laughter.

She walked over with a towel but stopped before she could wipe. "This reminds me of a pick up line I read. It says 'Nice shirt, can I take you out of it' wink wink" She laughed doubling over.

I also laughed but not because it was funny but because her laugh was so contagious and melodious that I couldn't help joining in.

It's been days since I last saw her and I didn't bother to call her. I know she will come to me when she is ready and when she has moved on from whatever has her building those walls.

================

Hello! Thank you for reading ^_^
Follow for updates
Comment what's going through your head
Vote to help motivate me