Chapter 23

Samantha POV

"Please come with me." I begged London as I knelt down before her, giving my best pout and doe eyes.

She shook her head, pulling me to stand up. "Don't try to emotionally blackmail me. You know I can't, I just got a promotion at the hotel and Kevin has school to go to. Now is just not the right time to drop everything and travel with you."

I embraced her as sadness filled my heart. "It was worth a try. Thank you for being a good friend London."

"Thank you for this gift. I still find it hard to accept it from you." She said looking at the cosy home.

I simply shrugged. "This is what I could afford at the moment. If I had more money then I would have definitely bought you and little Kevin a mansion." I laughed.

London sighed. "You could have just bought me a bracelet not this..."

I turned to her with a serious look on my face. "I don't want to leave knowing that you still have to deal with that mean landlord and I wanted to make sure you stay in a safe neighbourhood. It would put me at ease, just take the keys please, for my sake."

She rolled her eyes. "Fine."

A while later we were lying down on some cushions we had placed on the floor. A romantic movie was playing on TV and Kevin was asleep between London and I.

The man in the movie confessed his love to the woman by stating a hundred reasons why he loves her. I turned to London. "How are things with Kevin's dad now?"

She sighed still facing the TV. "Justin ended up settling for the arrangement we have now. He gets weekends and pays child support. I'm glad we never got married or else I'd have to be dealing with a divorce."

I frowned. "But why don't you seem happy about that?"

"He left us when I was pregnant, only to show up 4 years later wanting to be in Kevin's life. Child support will never pay back everything I went through raising this child alone. Enough about me..." London turned to me, "What's with you and Hunter, he calls me every now and then asking about you. I thought you guys were a thing after that frate."

I huffed. "We can't be anything because I'm going in a few days London and I know that if I start anything, we will both walk our seperate ways heartbroken. I intend on avoiding him until I leave."

"At least answer his calls and explain it to him." London said sadly.

I sat up as I remembered the voicemail he had left me. "Hunter professed his love to me and even though he practically said he was letting me go, I know that if I talk to him, I will express how strong my feelings for him are. If I do that, he will try to stop me."

London sat up quietly as not to wake Kevin up. "Your dream is knocking at your door Sammy, if he tries to stop you then just go."

"That's the thing London, I don't know if I'll have the courage to leave if he begged me to stay." I pouted.

London held my hands in hers. "If his love is true, he will find happiness in yours, whatever your decision may be."

===================

Hello. Thank you for reading^_^
Follow for updates
Comment what's going through your head
Vote vote vote!!!