Chapter 16

Hunter POV

It was five in the morning when I was woken up by a knock on the door. I pulled on a vest and some pants as I lazily dragged my feet with my eyes barely open.

I opened the door to see the last person that I would expect. "Samantha?"

She awkwardly waved her hands as she bit her lip. "Hey, I'm sorry for waking you up. Can we talk?"

I scratched the back of my neck. "Uh...yeah sure."

We sat in the kitchen as I ate some cereal. I had offered her some but she refused. "So..." I started.

"Thank you for what you said on TV the other night. You have no idea what that meant to me." She smiled.

I ran my hand through my hair. "I just said the truth, no need to thank me. Is that all?"

She drew circles on the counter with her finger. "Look, I know things ended badly between us." She laughed as she facepalmed herself. "Now I'm making it sound like we were dating."

I cocked my head to the side chuckling, "Yeah kinda."

Her face turned serious as she took a deep breath before continuing. "I was...I was fifteen when I thought it was good idea to sneak out with a couple of friends to a college party." She looked to the side in sorrow. "I thought they were my friends but I guess not. They spiked my drink and I totally blacked out and woke up the next day in the hospital and in pain.

They told me I had been raped. I couldn't even name the person who had done it because I didn't know who it was. My so-called friends denied actually going to that party with me."

I placed my hands on hers. "You didn't deserve that Sam."

She glanced at me for a bit before looking down. "I know but I found out I was pregnant a few months later. I hated that thing, I didn't want it growing inside me. It was a monster to me because it was the product of such a disgusting act."

"Did you abort the baby?" I asked in concern.

Sam shook her head. "I kept it and as the weeks went by, I realised that the baby was part me. It was a part of me and that was the only part I would ever see, so I grew to love it. I was so excited and had so much love for a child that wasn't even in this world yet." She said with a small smile.

I smiled as well and squeezed her hand for her to continue. "The baby was laying sideways instead of upside down in my stomach so I had to have a C-section. I woke up the next day to be informed that I had given birth to a still born."

I stood up and embraced Sam as she started crying. I could tell the wounds were still fresh as the pain could be felt through her cries. "I could never love anyone else knowing the paining of losing them would be such torture." She said between sobs.

I soothingly rubbed her back not exactly sure how to console her. She pushed me back lightly so that she could look at me. "I'm seeing a therapist now because you were right. I am was a coward, I was scared to deal with my past."

================

Bonjour! Thank you for reading^_^
Follow for updates
Comment what's going through your head
Vote vote vote!!!