Chapter 6

Hunter POV

"Did you get everything I asked for?" Samantha asked as she entered my living room on Saturday morning dressed in denim overalls and a beig top.

She looked around and gave a nod of approval. She had asked me to get two art books and some paint. I had cleared out most of the items to make more space.

"I don't understand the point of this actually. Aren't we supposed to be working on recipes?" I asked from my sitting position on the floor on top of the plastic I laid out.

Sam sat down to join me and placed some of the equipment in front of me. "Its to help you with your creativity."

I frowned, "but I can't paint. This is so out of my comfort zone Miss Coleman."

"Exactly. In food you sometimes have to go out of your comfort zone. No one ever discovered something by staying in their little bubble. There are so many things out there you still don't know about." She said smiling at nothing in particular.

I began opening the painting tubes, "So what do I paint?"

"Whatever your heart desires. Do what you want, there are no rulebooks or instructions in art." She told me like I was the dumbest person in the world who didn't know that.

I simply nodded and began painting. The paint got everywhere on my old denim jeans, vest, skin and floor. I was so glad I decided to put plastic so I wouldn't have to take the rug for cleaning.

I tried to take a sneak peak at Samantha's painting but she would hide it every time. "It won't kill you to show me what you're painting."

She scoffed, "it won't kill you to wait either!"

After a while of silence I popped a question. "How did you become a food critic?"

Sam cocked her head to the side. "I studied journalism because I was so out spoken in high school. I just wanted someone to listen to what I had to say but I didn't know what I wanted to write about. When I graduated, I wrote for the local newspaper back home but I just got bored so easily.

One day a famous chef was in town and I had to interview them. That talk we had, changed my life. I now knew more about food and I wanted everyone else to know too. I took some culinery courses and tried new cuisines to expand my knowledge."

I stopped painting and looked at her. "Why critic? If you love food so much why didn't you choose to be a chef instead?"

She mumbled something under her breath that I didn't catch. I arched an eyebrow and she huffed, "I said I can't cook okay. I would probably burn your house down if you let me touch the stove."

==================

Hello! Thank you for reading^_^
Follow for updates
Comment what's going through your head
Vote to help motivate me