Chapter 4

Hunter POV

Tuesday afternoon my sister had come over to the restaurant for a visit, "Hey little monkey." I greeted her as I sat down still dressed in the chef's uniform.

She rolled her eyes. "Not in public bro, I'm 24 and single. I don't need my brother ruining my chances of finding a boyfriend."

I rolled my eyes at her statement. "How are you Kylie?"

She looked a bit hesitant before answering, "I'm fine. I guess I didn't get the memo on how hard it is to run an actual business." Kylie quickly replaced her frown with a smile as a plate of food was placed in front of her by a waiter. "At least I can come here for a break and eat all the food I want for free while catching up with you."

I held her hand in mine, "Is this what you want? I've been thinking lately about how you just took over because I refused mom and dad but I'm only realising now the pressure I left on you."

"Dude don't beat yourself up. I'm getting the hang of it slowly but surely." She gave me a reassuring smile.

I gave her hand a tight squeeze. "I'm sorry for having been so selfish that I kind of left everything to fall on your shoulders. I want you to know that I didn't mean to-"

"Hunter don't embarrass me by saying all this please..." Kylie cut me off.

I continued still. "I should have been there to fight for you too. I failed my responsibilities as a brother. If anyone should be ashamed or embarrassed, that would be me."

Kylie placed her other hand on mine. "I went to university to study accounting and business management. I was eventually going to work at some company so why not ours? Yes I may have been pressured but I like working at Grey industries."

"But I thought you said it was hard?"

"Hunter it's like the time you first worked in a restaurant kitchen. The first day you called me and complained to no end about everything. Your feet were swollen, your back was aching, your fingers were cut...need I go on?" Kylie said.

I shrugged. "It was too much to handle at the time okay. I was just thrown into a kitchen with orders being yelled out and I was so flustered and tired when I got home."

Kylie hit my shoulder playfully while laughing. "I would call you a cry baby but it was the same with me bro. I was just thrown into the CEO chair expected to yell out orders. Now I'm getting used to it and actually enjoying it the same way you enjoy cooking."

I eyed her suspiciously, "Are you sure?"

"Yes! Now let me eat my food, it's getting cold."

I watched Kylie eat as we talked a lot about our childhood memories and the pranks we've played on each other over the years.

As she stood up to leave I gave her a warm hug. "I'm proud of you Kylie."

"I am the one that should be proud, Hunter."

====================

Ola! Thank you for reading ^_^
Follow for updates
Comment what's going through your mind
Vote to help motivate me