Chapter 18

Hunter POV

Sam and I were now seated in the lesson. "Sushi is all about precision and appearance. One should be able to eat the food with their eyes. My name is Kim Tanaka and I'll be your sushi master for the day." The Chinese woman greeted with a bow.

Sam and I looked at each other impressed. We decided to join the class because we were both unfamiliar with Chinese cuisine and just wanted to expand our knowledge, it could be useful.

"The most important thing is your rice. It should be cooked perfectly." Kim spoke as she walked around all of the working stations. "The grains should be seperate and it must be cooled down to room temperature before adding vinegrette. You can all wash your rice, seven times."

Sam turned to look at me as she whined. "I'll be drained by the first three washes."

I simply laughed when a girl seated in front of us gave a disapproving look. My laughter instantly stopped mid air and Sam giggled under her breath.

While washing the rice, I asked Sam. "I never asked you what your ultimate dream was, so what is it?"

She smiled as she ran her hand through the grains. "I want to travel the world and eat food from every corner of it."

"But you can always eat food from different restaurants with different cuisines without having to travel too much." I shrugged.

Sam stopped as she stared ahead. "You don't get it. Every dish has a story to tell. The people who created it have unheard stories that I would like to share with the world. What better way to have the whole experience than to sit with those people and learn about their background and food."

I laid my elbow on the table as I placed head in my hand. "I've actually never thought of it like that, wow. So what's the first place you'd go to, I'm guessing France?"

She shook her head. "Amsterdam, the heart of food."

"I hear more talking that I actually see washing." Kim cut us off.

I put my palms together. "Sorry, we'll move faster." She gave a nod before moving on to the next person.

We paid attention for the rest of the lesson and actually managed to pull up decent sushi.

I dropped Sam off by her door."Today was fun, well except cutting the snapper, she kept saying 'let the knife do all the work' but I didn't know what that even meant. You can take my box as well and give it to London for me." I offered.

She laughed. "She hates anything raw. She believes raw meat has bacteria that can kill her over time so I don't want her to accuse me of trying to murder her. She doesn't even eat fruits or vegetables raw. They have to be roasted, blanched or cooked in some way."

I joined her in the laughter. "So she won't eat an apple?"

"Nope, it has to be poached first...kinda like a pear."

I shook my head in disbelief. "I have to say, she is one unique being."

Sam nodded. "I guess I'll go now..."

I smiled as I embraced her. "Bye." I pulled back to give her a kiss on the cheek but she turned her head a little and my lips landed on hers. I stayed in the position for a bit before taking a step back. Sam placed her fingers on her lips looking quite confused.

"I'm sorry I was going to-"

"Sorry, I should have-"

We spoke at the same time. Sam entered her apartment hastily and shut the door in my face. She left me alone and confused in the dark hallway, with a box of sushi.

==========================

Bonjour. Thank you for reading^_^
Follow for updates
Comment what's going through your head
Vote vote vote!!!