Chapter 24

Hunter POV

Walking into the office building of Grey industries felt weird for me. I was on good terms with my parents now but the last time I was here, they forced me into a chair I didn't want.

I pressed the button for the highest floor. As soon as the doors opened the secretary, Mrs Johnson was already awaiting me. "Lovely to see you here Mr Grey." She gave a curt nod in greeting.

I smiled as I handed her one of the small boxes that I was carrying. "This is for you Amy, a light lunch."

She beamed as she took it. "Thank you. Your sister is in the office waiting for your arrival."

I nodded as I entered Kylie's office. "Took you long enough!" She shouted before I could even close the door.

I rolled my eyes as I took a seat. "Sounds like you woke up on the wrong side of the bed."

She snatched the lunch box from my hand and started eating. "Why is life so difficult? My bad, I mean love...like can't I just love someone without any complications." She spoke with the food in her mouth.

I scrunched my face in disgust. "How will anyone love you when you can't even finish chewing before talking."

This earned me a slap on my shoulder. "I'm being serious here bro." She finished chewing as she leaned back in her chair. "This is so good by the way, I should call you over more often."

I shook my head as I chuckled. "What's with you?"

"I met this other guy..." She sighed dreamily. "He is so outgoing and just basically everything that I'm not, you know. When I'm with him its like I get to be me. Not that I don't act like myself but I'm not Miss Kylie Grey the boss but I'm just Kylie."

I folded my hands. "So what's the problem?"

She pouted before answering. "I signed a contract with the construction company he works for. Basically he will be working under me. He hates rich people because he thinks we are all greedy and spoilt and I'm scared that when he finds out who I am next week...I may never see him again."

"So? If he really thinks that way then help him change his thinking. You can't lose someone over a silly hierarchy of rich and poor." I stated.

Kylie rubbed her forehead. "Mom and dad though...you know they won't approve of a construction worker."

I took her hands in mine. "If you love him, you shouldn't care what they think. Fight for your love Kylie, you can't give up just because of the social distance."

She looked into my eyes. "Why don't you take the advice for yourself then."

"What?"

"Why are you letting Samantha go despite loving her so much? Why are you not fighting for her? Yes, it is her dream to go but what if she never comes back to New York...will you be able to get over that?"

========================

Hello. Thank you for reading^_^
Follow for updates
Comment what's going through your head
Vote vote vote!!!