Chapter 3

Samantha POV

I arrived at Hunter's place...I mean penthouse in record time. I didn't get to explore the place as I was lead into the kitchen by the maid who had answered the door.

"Hello." I waved my hand awkwardly as I entered. I faltered in my steps as Hunter was not wearing a shirt under his apron and his enormous muscles were on display. I had to remind myself I was here to eat food, not him.

Hunter pointed to a chair by the counter, "Take a seat and I will serve you right away."

A plate of crab salad was placed in front of me. "Before you say anything, I have added some guacamole at the bottom which after much experimentation I think tastes good."

I made a noise of acknowledgement as I dived in. "It does give it some surprise new flavour but the guacamole is just too coarse for something as delicate as crab. Although there still isn't a kick that makes it special."

"Okay, I guess I will have to continue working on that. Sit back while I prepare the main meal." Hunter said as he proceeded to cut some vegetables. "I hope I didn't ruin any plans with your friends."

I began drawings circles on the table with my fingers, "I don't have friends here."

"Are you like an evil witch or what?" He asked playfully.

"No no," I shook my head "I'm not from here actually... I moved here a few months ago for the same reason as everybody else, to follow my dreams. I left everything behind, my parents, my friends even my job. None of them understood why I wanted to write about food."

Hunter sighed as he put the finely chopped veggies in a roasting pan. "I grew up with parents who were never there for me actually. Always away on business trips. Food was my only source of comfort. My parents wanted me to take over the company as their son but I couldn't."

"So what happened?" I questioned leaning forward in interest.

Hunter smiled clearly amused. "My younger sister took over and I was kicked out. I don't even know if that's what she wanted to do or she was forced into carrying the 'family legacy' forward."

"So how did you manage to open a restaurant then?" I quipped.

"My savings. I have always known my passion and always saved up for my dream." He said putting the tray in the oven.

When he was done he switched on a timer and sat down opposite me. "I understand your cooking now."

"What?"

I bit my lip before I continued, "You want to prove your parents wrong so you cook everything by the rule book. You are afraid to explore and create because you don't want to make a mistake."

Hunter placed his hand under his chin, "Is that right?"

"I think so. I think you should stop cooking for your parents and learn to cook for yourself. Cook from the heart, not the book."

=====================

Bonjour! Thank you for reading ^_^
Follow for updates
Comment what's going through your head
Vote to help motivate me