Chapter 15

Samantha POV

I flopped onto London's couch feeling exhausted, my feet were killing me. London offered me a cup of coffee which I took as she sat next to me. "How was therapy today?" She asked.

"It was okay, Claire says I'm making progress. Apparently having your little boy Kevin around helps. Where is the little guy anyway?"

London switched channels as she answered. "It's the weekend remember, he is with his dad."

I nodded before taking a sip of the coffee almost spitting it out. "London, I can't believe you put booze in my drink again. I don't drink."

She waved me off. "Girl you need to loosen up after the shift you had today. Cleaning up after rich folks on a Sunday morning is the biggest stress ever." She stood up and went to the kitchen. "I'll get us something to eat while we watch a movie."

I was now working as a hotel cleaner because I was so fed up with Miss Roland that I actually shouted at her in front of everyone at the office and she fired me on the spot. I barely remember what I had said. That was two months ago anyway.

I could barely pay the rent so I moved in with my new friend London and her six year old son Kevin.

Not forgetting that I also had to pay my therapist Claire. She was really helping me to move on and even I could feel myself getting better. The mountains I was carrying became lighter as time went on.

London came back with a plate full of pretzels and a bottle of beer. I gave her a look of disbelief. "Come on Sam, did you really think I was going to cook? I only know how to make baby food and sandwiches." She tried to justify.

"You know you'll find any reason just to eat pretzels. I don't even understand the obsession, like how?"

She took a sip of her beer. "I don't understand yours with coffee either but I'm not judging. Now be a good girl and look for a movie."

I sighed feeling lazy to even stand up and make myself some popcorn. I grabbed the remote and changed the channels. My heart stopped when I saw Hunter's face on the television. I quickly raised the volume.

"And then...?" London eyed me in confusion.

"Mr Grey, it's only been only six months since you opened your restaurant and it has become such a huge success. What's the secret." The host of the show asked.

Hunter shifted forward in his seat. "Actually, within the first month of opening, my restaurant was failing and going bankrupt fast. I opened Bon Appetite for so many wrong reasons that I lost myself somewhere. That was until I met someone who reminded me of what food is about.

She taught me that food is like a work of art. There is no right or wrong. One should see a reflection of themselves in each plate that they send out. The most important lesson being to cook from my heart, not a book."

The host smiled at him before posing this question. "Who is this she? I'm sure the eveypone watching this would like to know."

Hunter looked straight at the camera before answering. "She has a blog called Sammy Says and her name is Samantha Coleman."

London and I burst into screams as we jumped on the couch until we were silenced by the next door neighbour banging the wall in annoyance. I guess walls are really that thin here.

============================

Ola! Thank you for reading^_^
Follow for updates
Comment what's going through your head
Vote vote vote!!!