Chapter 20

Hunter POV

Knocking on Sam and London's door, I felt some anxiety. I mean, it was her birthday and I wanted the night to be perfect. I rubbed my sweaty palms on my jeans as I waited for someone to answer the door.

"Happy Bir..." I stopped mid sentence as the door opened and Sam came into view. She was dressed in a beautiful yellow summer dress that fit her perfectly. Her makeup was subtle and it complimented her eyes. "Happy Birthday." I wished in one breath.

The corners of her lips turned up. "Thanks. Shall we go?"

I held a finger up to stop her. "I love your ponytail but you look much better like this..." I pulled the hair tie off and her hair fell onto her shoulders. "Now we can go." I announced, feeling satisfied.

I pulled over at a park. Sam looked at confused but I dragged her with me anyway. We got to the clearing where other people were seated. I walked over to a guy who was selling fire balloons and bought two of them.

"So what is everyone writing. Aren't we just supposed to light these up and just watch them float away?" Sam asked as soon as we sat down.

I handed her a balloon and a marker. "Write your wish. Anything that you want the most in this world and I will write my own."

Sam bit her lip with the excitement visible in her eyes as she thought about her wish. After a few minutes, a woman shouted over a speaker."Okay everyone! Get your balloons ready, I'm starting the count down from 30."

Sam and I got up. "What did you wish for birthday girl?" I asked, peering over to see.

"Hunter stop." She laughed as she tried to hide her balloon. "You'll see what's written as it goes up okay?"

I scoffed. "Fine."

As the count down came to an end, we both lit the bottom as out balloons foated in the air with hundreds of others like stars except those of dreams which made it even more surreal. I looked over at Sam's and her wish was to live like a bird.

"Yes, I want to live a life where I can just be free. To feel the wind under my wings as I get to see the world. Nothing holding me down, no guilt or fear, that's my wish." She sighed as watched the balloons floats away.

I placed my index under her chin, directing her to face me. "I wished for all your wishes to come true."

Sam sniffed as she hugged me."Thank you for all of this."

I softly rubbed her back. There was something about the atmosphere and the light of the small fire balloons that hung above us that just sparked something in me.

I placed my hand on Sam's soft cheek as we both stared in each others eyes. I slowly leaned in as she closed her eyes. I could feel her hot breath on my lips as they hovered above hers. "If I could ask God for one thing, it would be to stop the moon. Stop the moon and make this night and your beauty last forever." I whispered.

In one instant, my lips moulded with hers and my eyes automatically closed as all of my other senses were heightened.

=================

Hello! Thank you for reading^_^
Follow for updates
Comment what's going through your head
Vote vote vote!!!

PS- All dates I have been on were terrible lol so this is my dream date*sulk*
      Also thank you for the massive support. Lots of love ❤❤❤