Chapter 2

"Reid, Rossi and I will go to the crime scene, they need a fresh pair of eyes at this point. Y/N, you Morgan & Prentiss will go and canvass around the area to see what people have seen. JJ you'll stay back at base in the local PD, Garcia will be available via web chat and phone to help start the profile" Hotch reels off the orders as soon as you touch down in Dallas.

—————

Today was stressful. Rossi, Hotch and Morgan ended up in the stand off against the Unsub named Max who was actually quite terrifying. He had attempted to shoot Morgan which resulted in him being shot by Rossi. It's never nice when an unsub is shot dead but part of the job is seeing horrible people meet a horrible end. You all put together the profile & found Max & realised a girl named Enid White was the next target who had been kidnapped by Max, it was a race against the clock & while you were made for this job, it still took a toll on you.

The only good part is that Enid White was saved, she was meant to be the next victim of Max's but thanks to you all she would survive.

You, Prentiss and Reid gave out sweets to the kids who were nearby, Halloween didn't play a massive part in your life like Reid but you enjoyed being able to spread some joy & happiness. It felt like for a few minutes you were carefree & it was nice.

"What are you going to do for the weekend?" Emily asks you while Reid walks silently beside you with a pumpkin shaped basket full of sweets.

"I'm thinking wine and a movie"

"Alone? We can go out if you'd like. Oh maybe a team night out?" Prentiss whips her phone out, probably to message the rest of the team to see if they're available.

"Eh I don't know Em, I'm not really in the mood" you sighed, you were in a rut and you knew it. You notice Reid giving out more sweets, you chuckle at the view.

"Oh come on, Reid tell her. It'll help girl, you need it!"

"I'm just not in the mood to get pissed you know?" You likes drinking but sometimes it was too much for you to handle.

"Why don't we go for a late lunch?" You look at Em, you know she's just trying to help you get out of your low moods & to be honest you're grateful.

"Yeah let's do it, you in Reid?"

"Maybe, I've got some reading to do, I bought some new books and some research papers-"

"Oh Reid come on let's have some fun" Emily butts in & you can see Reid realise he's not going to win. You were both introverted at times, not 24/7 but often.

"Okay okay, but only if it's a lunch only!" You chuckle at him.

You all go back to the jet and wait for the others, sometimes you'd all go back together and sometimes a couple of you wanted to explore or pick up some stuff from the shopping centre. You three meet up with JJ who is already on the jet.

"Coffee anyone? It's my turn to make!' JJ stands up and makes her way to the stand which has the coffee machine on.

"Yeah I'll have one" you were needing one, it was late and the paperwork back at the BAU needed to be started. Reid and Emily remark that they wanted one and you all go back to your personal activities.

You zone back in from playing a game on your phone when you hear Emily and JJ talk about what they're going to wear. You realise that you really won't be able to get out of tomorrow and part of you was happy, part of you wanted to snuggle on the sofa with a blanket, wine and a film on Netflix but you know socialising with the team was always so important.

"Go for that dark red jumpsuit! You look ace in that, make your hair curly" JJ is in full going out mode and it makes you happy. It's lovely to see the team have things that make them happier and escape the horrors you see most days.