Chapter 19.

Trigger warning; explanation of suicide, conversations about suicide. Please don't read if it will upset you all too much. Sending love & message me if you ever need to talk! Please comment and vote x

---

---

---

"Two different mechanisms, strangulation and hyperventilation create the same effect - oxygen deprivation in the brain." Spencer speaks infront of a large board in front of the class room, you, Reid and Morgan were in. You stood next to Morgan who was observing the students with his hands in his pockets.

You nudge Morgan and you both look towards two school boys who seem to be texting under the desks and laughing while sneaking glances at Reid. Morgan watches for a few seconds and walks forward to them.

"Hey, kid." He stands infront of a boy. "Not a good idea." Morgan states while the boys looks up from his phone, he actually looked pretty startled which made you smirk. "Let me see it."

The boys hands over his phone while looking downcast. You glance over at Reid who is watching the interaction. "What planet is this dude from?" Morgan reads the messages off his phone and the class starts to giggle. You were worried Reid would take it to heart but when you look at him, he's biting his lips while trying to conceal a laugh himself. You figured he got used to people thinking he was a little weird.

Morgan carries on reading. "He doesn't want us to win the contest." You roll your eyes and refrain from tutting. As if that's what they honestly thought?

"Um... I- Uh-Uh" Spencer stutters before speaking. You can tell he's nervous and wants to rectify the situation of them assuming he wants to win rather than the actual reason you were all there. You take in his appearance, a black blazer, navy shirt and tie and black trousers. His hair is slightly longer than usual and is slightly slicked to the side. "I think the more accurate statement is would be, 'He doesn't want us to participate in the contest at all.'" Reid says while walking back and forth.

"This was Ryan's desk right? This is where Ryan sat?" Spencer walks over to the empty desk in the middle of the room, standing behind the chair. "You guys remember Ryan. He, uh played football, took- took Shauna to prom. I'm assuming that some of you were probably friends with Ryan." He clasps his hands while speaking, looking over at all the students.

You can see some of the students turn to watch him as he speaks. "Ryan wanted to win the contest too but the way Ryan choked himself he cut off all the oxygen to his brain, which sent a distress signal to his heart, slowing it down." You can see some of the students start to look uncomfortable. "Then his brain in an effort to preserve itself shut off all non essential bodily functions. His arms gave out, his legs gave out. Which means he couldn't loosen the tie around his neck."

You zone out slightly watching everyone, hearing Spencer speak about it in this detail made you remember dark thoughts that you didn't want too recall right now. You can hear Spencer carry on talking "At which point panic set in and in Ryan's case it escalated to cardiac arrest. Which means that his heart stopped. Brain damage began, and within 4 minutes he is completely and totally brain dead. He died scared and probably in a lot of pain." Spencer says while addressing the students again. "And unable to stop what he thought he had complete control of." 

"All because he wanted to participate in what I consider to be a pretty- pretty lame game." Spencer says with a slight smirk. You loved to see him in his element where he could reel off facts and information to disarm those who assumed he couldn't and wouldn't be able to handle himself. You keep your grin to yourself and look around at the others.

A student speaks up and challenges Reid, Morgan tells him to speak his mind at the front of the class but instead he runs off out of the class. Morgan shouts him and chases after him.