Chapter 31.

You can hear a faint hum of people talking, you can't seem to pinpoint what they're talking about but you can recognise who it is. "Spencer? Emily? Is that you?" You ask. You try and move but the pain makes it almost impossible, you notice there's a IV on your hand too.

"Hey Y/N, oh my god you're awake! Look at you! Listen try not to move, I'll get a nurse to see if you can sit up a little more." Emily smiles and rubs your leg as she stand ups.

"Y/N, god you're awake. You're alive. I was so scared, so so scared." Spencer looks like he's about to cry as he speaks to you. "I'm never going to take my eyes off of you."

"Spence, I'm okay. I hurt a lot though, god. Did everyone get out? Are you okay?" You ask. You needed to know, you weren't 100 percent sure if everyone was okay.

"They're okay, I'm okay. You need to rest up, they're going to want to check your obs soon. The others are around. We're all worried."

"I was scared I wasn't going to see you again, I was so scared in that building on my own. It felt like everything was about to stop and I didn't know what to do. I just kept thinking about eveyrthing and everyone. It was horrible." As you speak you can feel the tears, your voice waviers slightly and all the feelings you felt in that moment come rushing back. The fear and the sadness you felt.

"Hey, it's okay baby. You're here. You're alive." Spencer says while standing up to hug you, it's a awkward hug and clumsy but right now you needed this. You needed to feel him, to see him. To smell him, to have him around you. It was like heaven.

"Miss Y/L/N, let's see how you are doing." The nurse walks into the room, her smile is soft and makes you feel more welcome. You absolutely hated hospitals, so much so. They made you feel so scared and lonely but with Spencer and Emily with you it was like the fear just went away little by little.

"Hey Reid, you okay here while I ring the others?" Emily pops her head in and smiles. "Y/N you don't mind do you?" You shake your head and Emily's smile grows bigger.

"Yeah that's fine Em." Spencer replies and Emily walks off. "Do you need anything?"

"I could give for coffee and food to be honest." You answer honestly, the nurse chuckles along side you.

"We can clear you as soon as we know you're okay and don't need any surgery." She answers while checking your blood pressure and the stat machine. The steady hum irritated you while it also told you everything was fine. The hospital seemed quiet, there as barely any noise and you wondered where everyone was.

"Surgery? What happened? I don't really know what's happened and what's wrong with me." You start to say but the fear starts to overwhelm you and you can't ask anything else.

"The consultant will be in soon, you can have a cup of tea for now. There's a kitchen down the hall if you'd like to make one for your friend." She pats your arm and smiles. "I heard you're an FBI agent?"

"Yeah, behavioural analysis." You mutter while looking around for your phone, you were worried that your family or Mira knew. You didn't want them to know right now and panic for no reason. You wince as you reach around.

"I heard you did amazing out there, take care. I'll most likely see you before you leave." She goes to walk out but Spencer stops her.

"What's your name?" He asks while he's reaching down by his chair.

"Claire."

"It's nice to meet you." He says while smiling, she waved before walking out of the room and closing it shut. "Here. I've got it. They recovered it from the scene and gave it to Hotch after." He says while passing you your phone, you notice it's on low battery so you just place it near your pillow.