Chapter 17.

"Let's go!" Spencer says cheerfully as you both put on shoes, you decide to dress in a pair of black jeans a black crop top with a black shirt over the top with some vans. You knew it was a boring outfit but you wanted to make a little effort and plus you always felt like you only wore work clothes which sucked at times.

"Where do you want to go?" You say as you head to the door, you grab a black faux leather backpack and stuff in what you needed, including your FBI badge. You as an SSA officer weren't required to carry your guns off of duty but you did always carry your badge at all times incase you were needed off duty while you waited for back up.

"Why don't we go to the park, the bigger one and just walk around for a bit? I have a book in my satchel." Spencer comments as you walk out of the door.

"I'd like that, come on!" You pull at his hand after you lock the door and speed down the path leading to the main road from your house. He laughs as you continue to walk faster.

"Y/N? How are you feeling about this?" Spencer says as you both fall into a natural pace that isn't too slow.

"Good actually, nervous and worried too. Listen, you're one of my best friends okay? This kinda freaks me out. I don't want to lose someone like you, part of me wants to be sure but part of me is sure. I- I don't know? Does this make any sense to you?" You ramble on as you continue walking to the park that's around a 20 minute walk from yours.

Spencer looks down at you and smiles, it's a closed mouth smile like he usually does when he's nervous. "I'm the same, you mean a lot to me and I don't think I knew just how much."

"Straight back at you Reid." You brush his hand with yours and while you were a grown adult, you really wanted to hold his hand. "Crazy how we can't hold hands." Spencer looks at you quizzingly.

"Ah don't think I'm weird Spencer, I'm not a huge fan of PDA actually but I really do like sometimes just holding hands. Think it's the book lover in me." You murmur as you both cross the road, cars stop at the crossing and let you go.

"Actually that isn't weird, it's ingrained by people- mostly society that PDA should be kept behind closed doors, this narrative is mainly aimed at women due to the patriarchal society and shames them when they show their feelings. It's normal that in a setting like books where they are written by mostly women that you feel comfortable with the idea." Spencer looks at you as he speaks, using his hands to explain what he means. Once he finishes talking he looks down. "Sorry."

"Sorry for what? I love hearing you speak, Spencer. I find it interesting when you say these things, it teaches me too. Makes a lot of sense." You look up to Spencer who smiles slightly teeth showing.

"I know it annoys most people." He shakes his head while speaking.

"Well you're with me right now so let's forget most people." You say, you look down at his hands and brush them slightly. His fingers wrap around yours for a second and he squeezes.

"Can we talk about sex?" Spencer says a few seconds later as you're walking closer to the park. It's a sunny day, cool weather due to it being November and you both walk into the car. There's not many people but you can hear the nature, the kids running around and the adults talking.

The sound is music to your eyes. Something away from guns and arrests made you feel lightened. "Yeah of course, what's on your mind?"

"I know you've had a rough past with sexual relationships before so I want you to know that you can always be open & communicate what you do or don't like with me Y/N." His arm snakes around your shoulder and he squeezes, as if he's comforting you.