Chapter 6

As you walk outside of the restaurant the cold air hits you & for a second or two you wish you'd bought a jacket with you. It's a cool night, slightly cooler than usual and the air is crisp. You can see your breath slightly as you breath out and you think about having a hot drink instead of another cold. It was deep into Autumn but you noted that this year was colder, those cosy nights would soon be upon you.

"Okay so what we all having? Y/N? Spence?" JJ takes you out of your thought and you realise you're waiting to get into the shop. You realise it's called Basil & Ice. Simple but cute.

"I'm buying this round guys!" Prentiss shouts over to you.

"Em I said I was doing it this time!" You shout back while walking over to her. Your heels tap against the floor as you walk in.

"You're too slow this time Y/N, get the next round?" She says back and takes a menu.

"Fancy alcohol? We can sit in with everyone" She turns and gestures at the booth table that's just become free. "Oi guys, JJ, sit there! It's a free booth"

"You ever wonder how life at the BAU would be if it wasn't the same team?" You ask Emily.

"Sometimes but it makes me feel weird, not knowing you guys? Ugh" She shakes her head at you.

"True true, plus who else would I gossip with eh? I'm glad I have you Em" You whisper to her. She turns her body to face you. You look at her, tonight you're almost the same height.

"I'm glad I have you, has tonight been good?" She asks while furrowing her brow.

"Yes, it's been needed. Sometimes only seeing you guys at work is hard but getting out and about like this is great."

"What can I get you ladies tonight? What booth are you in?" The bartender comes over, he's dark skinned and has blonde hair.

"That booth there" Emily points to the booth behind her and reels off the order. You tell her you're sitting down and slide into booth, opposite you sits Garcia, Morgan and JJ. Spencer is stood up chatting to JJ. Everyone seems in high spirits, you know in a hour or two you'd all be in the mood to dance or spill some secrets like always.

You hadn't been on many nights out since you started within the BAU so you did feel a little awkward, more so with Rossi and Hotch as they were more professional so you never knew how much you should say, how much you should reveal in their company.

You check the time on your phone. 9:15pm. Nights out weren't always your favorite way to be out but you were excited.

"Anyone interesting Y/N?" Morgan asks you while you lock your phone and place it down on the table.

"Just checking the time" You say back while Spencer slides into the booth next to you. "You tipsy Reid?"

"Not yet but he will be, won't you pretty boy?" Morgan laughs while looking at Spencer.

"No" Spencer tuts while he sweeps hair out of his eyes and tucks it behind his ear. "Actually Morgan did you know, you're more likely hiding something if you face your phone face down? A study showed this would be when partners or friends would start to be suspicious of someone."

"So by that logic, our good girl Y/N has nothing to hide?" Morgan says and takes a sip of his drink.

"Well statically yes, of course some people still hide things and keep their phone face up. You can mute notifications that would normally otherwise appear on your phone now too"

"Ah so easy to cheat these days isn't it?" You scoff and cross your arms.

"Hmm mmm" Morgan nods at you. As if on cue your phone goes off. Morgan snatches it to see who it is. "Oh look, our Y/N has a new tinder match" He waves your phone in the air as bait, a smirk on his face and his eyes wrinkling.