Chapter 15.

"It's super messy though, I haven't really had time to tidy up." You say as you turn off the ignition to your car and look to Spencer.

"It's okay, we haven't really been home since that night out." He comments while grabbing his satchel and getting out of your car. You get out and shut the door behind you, you make sure to grab your go bag and put it over your shoulder.

"Why does that feel like ages ago? This job is aging me."

"Give over, Mrs younger than me!" He laughs while walking up the path to your house.

"I can still feel aged Reid." You giggle back. "Want me to put your washing on?"

"Thanks but it's okay, I have a load to do at home and can add this to it." He mutters while unlocking your door and walking in. You shut the door behind and go straight to your hamster who is most likely asleep under all the bedding. "I always want to hold her." While he speaks he takes off his shoes and you can see the separate socks, one black and one blue.

"She doesn't really wake up till dead late, but if she does I'll get her out for you." You shout from the kitchen as you put the washing on, you'd had some other clothes for the wash so put it all on. You add the pod and switch it on. While you're there you decide to check the fridge to see what you needed for a food shop.

"What you doing?" Spencer makes you jump and you screech. "It's only me Y/N!" He bursts into laughter and walks over to you.

"Well I live alone, it's not the norm to hear someone talk in my kitchen." You clutch your chest and go back to the fridge. "I'm thinking of doing a food shop but there's not much point getting a lot of fresh if we need to go away for a few days."

"I have the same struggle, normally I do enough for few days and keep shopping. It's tiring though." He says with a sigh. He walks over to you and places a hand on your shoulder, his eyes bore into yours and when he speaks it's with a whisper. "I don't know what we're doing here but I want to feel you again."

"What do you want to do here? Sex? Friends with benefits? More?" You say the word more with a whisper. You didn't want the first two, no you wanted the latter.

"More. I want to get to know you, I don't just want to sleep with you and then pretend there's nothing else there. There's more there for me. I-" He stops and runs his hands through his hair. "But we can't risk the others finding out, we wouldn't be able to be out in the field together. I don't know if I'm able to be objective though, I already feel like needing to keep you safe." He speaks quickly, as if he needs to tell you all of this right this second.

"I want to get to know you too. Why don't we see how it goes? There's no rush. We don't have to tell anyone either, it's not like it's weird for us to hang out." You say while touching his hand which is still on your shoulder.

"I'd like that." He leans down and kisses you gently while moving his hands to hold the side of your face. It's a gentle kiss again, soft and slow. He pulls away and looks at you, his eyes searching yours.

"We can go to my room if you want to hang out?" God you felt awkward, he'd sat in your room before but you knew this time you'd probably be sleeping again and for some reason it made you feel shy and insecure.

"Hang out?" He cocks his head and raises a brow.

"I-"

"Now whose nervous?" He chuckles while grabbing your hand. "Come on, I want to go to know you."

"Oh yeah, you want to get to know me? How so?" You smirk and then bite your lip. He drops your hand and laughs.

"You're impossible!" He exclaims with a smile.