Chaper 5

You all walk down to the restaurant, you notice it's 6:25pm. Morgan leads the group along with Emily at the front, they were always organised when it came to nights out. The rest of the group engage in conversation, at times you hear a louder laugh or a 'wow' in response to whatever was being spoken about. You however were again in your own thoughts. This happened a lot, sometimes you'd be there within a conversation but no really present, the conversation would carry on & you'd get snippets of what was being spoken about but your brain wasn't totally there.

"Those shoes make you so much taller, almost my height now" Spencer nudges your arm with his own.

"Hmm yeah"

"In your own thoughts again?" You look at him, he sometimes knows things about you so quickly it shocks you. You laugh sadly.

"Sorry, it's just been such a crazy week, I don't think I've had much time stress free" You're apologetic. You don't want Spencer to think that you're ignoring him or not interested when he speaks, you're just tired.

"It's okay, I know how that feels. Hopefully tonight you can get away from the thoughts" He keeps up with your steps, his long strides are almost double your small ones. He wraps an arm around your shoulder and squeezes.

You all walk to the restaurant door, it seems like there's a quiet hum of people inside, not too busy which is really good but not empty either.

The restaurant is amazing, there's a glossy grey wooden flooring on the floor which is gorgeous. You notice the reflection of the lights above in the floor and silently question how expensive this place must be. You hadn't looked at prices beforehand which you did normally do but you were busy.

You spot Rossi and Hotch in the corner, most likely for privacy as even though you guys tried not to make night outs about work, work did crop up in conversations & you all had to be discreet.

You wait for the waitress to take you to the seating area. It's a half booth style and half chair style and you slide into the booth half of the seating arrangements, you shimmy across and sit down next to Prentiss who is on the end. Spencer sits opposite you while JJ sits on right if you. You have Emily across from Hotch, you across from Spencer, JJ opposite Garcia and lastly Morgan opposite from Rossi. You take in the beautiful restaurant, it has white polished walls adorned with pieces of modern art, you can only spot 3. Fancy lights hang from the ceiling and you notice that everything is grey marble, white polished wood or black glass. Definitely felt too fancy for you but you were glad that you'd dressed up.

You adjust your dress over your thigh and look up to the others, a waitress joins and you all order drinks. The guys go for a craft beer along with Prentiss while you, Garcia and JJ opt for a Cosmo.

"Would you prefer it to be more sweet or sour?" The waitress asks you. You remember this one you'd had at a train station once.

"More sour but not overly so please" she nods and take the drinks menu's off of you guys and walks off to the bar area. You take note that you could either ask a waitress to get drinks or get them yourself from the bar.

"I prefer them slightly sweeter, is it not too sour?" Garcia says while leaning slightly towards JJ.

"Nah, I'm not a fan of super sweet cocktails so this works for me" Everyone is dabbling in light conversation, you and Emily talk abut having a break when the waitress brings everyone their drinks, it's cold, refreshing and you savor the taste for a second.

"Okay everyone, we have out drinks so let's have a little toast" Hotch speaks to you all and looks around the table.

"Oh Aaron, you getting soft?" Rossi laughs and looks over his co worker.