simon

Rowyn awoke sore and aching as realization hit into her. "Pete?" Her voice was weak and tired for the stifled screams she had made that previous night. Peter, who sat beside the bed, quickly sat up and stopped his wife from moving too much on her own.

"Hey, take it easy—you've been through hell." Peter smiled at her and helped her sit up and lean against the bed-frame.

Rowyn looked around the room and rubbed her eyes. "Where is she?" Rowyn almost would've panicked as she noticed the lack of a person in the room but Peter's bright smile calmed her.

"Adeline and your dad's are with him." He held her hand tightly.

Rowyn's eyes watered. "Him?"

Peter's own eyes began to water. "Rowyn, he's incredible." Rowyn's lip wobbled while she smiled more.

"C-Can I see him?" She asked as she wiped away some fallen tears and squeezed his hand.

Peter sniffled and stood from the bed. "Yeah, I'll go-" He was cut off by the door to the infirmary opening. In came Adeline with a small bundle of soft blue blankets in her arms and Sam and Charlie smiling brightly beside her.

Rowyn didn't speak as her mother came forward to sit on the bed. Her heart trembled as she saw the peak of soft pink-tinted skin from the blankets. Shock hit her hard as she took the baby from her mother's hands and held him in her arms. He was a healthy weight and wore a small smile as he kept his eyes shut. Rowyn smiled down at him as she began to cry softly. With one arm holding him close to her, she traced his soft cheek with her fingertips. "Oh my God-" She smiled and her lip trembled more. "He's beautiful . . ." She whispered almost in disbelief that this was her son in her arms. Her flesh and blood.

Peter smiled at him wife and moved to sit on the bed beside her and pull the pair into his arms. Rowyn leaned back against him as she smiled wider. Her heart physically ached as she watched the baby in her arms yawn and open his eyes. More tears filled her vision as a pair of matching violet eyes flecked with iridescent stared up at her. Rowyn couldn't pin point the feeling she felt as the baby moved his hand to hold her pointer finger tightly.

She let out a laugh as he moved her finger into his mouth and sucked on it. "He's probably hungry." Peter said softly at Rowyn as he smiled down at his son.

Sam and Charlie moved to stand closer to their daughter. "We fed him with a bottle earlier since you've been asleep almost immediately but I bet he wants more." Charlie said with a wide smile on his face.

Rowyn barely heard his words as she stared in complete awe at her son. She still couldn't pin-point the feeling she felt as the little boy smiled brightly at her as he sucked on her finger. She didn't know whether it was joy, happiness, love, or admiration but all Rowyn knew was that she would do anything for the baby boy in her arms.

Adeline placed her hand on Rowyn's arm. "He's the sweetest thing—he's just been sleeping in my arms for the past few hours." Rowyn finally tore her gaze away from her son to see her mother smiling proudly at the pair. Rowyn smiled wide as she sniffled. Adeline smiled and leaned forward to wipe away her daughter's tears. "I was emotional too when you were born—don't be embarrassed." She said once Rowyn's cheeks deepened in color.

Rowyn smiled and sniffled again. "Thanks, mom." Adeline kissed her cheek and caressed the baby's cheeks. Rowyn moved her gaze back down to her son and her smile widened greatly. "I should feed him."

Adeline smiled back at Rowyn's fathers. "Yeah, you may want to do that before Susan and Andy come and never leave your side." Rowyn stifled a laugh and smiled at her mother. "We'll give you three some privacy." Adeline kissed Rowyn's forehead, along with Sam and Charlie, before they left the room.

Peter kissed Rowyn's shoulder. "Here, let me help." He kissed her skin once more before helping pull down the strap to her tank-top while Rowyn adjusted her hold on the baby so he faced her chest more. Despite having been nervous about being a mother in the beginning, Rowyn instinctively knew exactly what to do as she guided their son to suckle on her left breast. Peter admired her even more as she did so.

Rowyn looked back at him with a confused expression on her face. "This is not a pleasant feeling." She chuckled with a small grimace. Peter laughed as well and pulled her back into his chest.

"You're weird." Peter smiled as he pressed his lips to the skin underneath her ear.

Rowyn chuckled again and leaned more into his touch. "I'm aware." Peter caressed his son's head and pull the yellow hat he wore up enough for Rowyn to see his hair. "He has your hair." Rowyn smiled brighter as she saw the bright blond curls that rested on his head.

Peter smiled. "He's got your curls and eyes and my hair and smile." Rowyn stifled a laugh as she watched the boy eat. She smiled more as he let out heavy exhales through his nose while doing so.

"He's perfect." Rowyn said quietly as her heart twisted more from the overwhelming feeling she received just from looking at the boy.

Peter kissed the back of Rowyn's head. "I told you he was a boy." Rowyn scoffed and hit Peter in the chest with her elbow.

"Oh shut it." Peter laughed quietly against her. "What's your name, little guy?" Rowyn asked as he removed his mouth from her breast after he fed enough. Peter helped Rowyn moved her shirt back up as she pulled her son back into her arms.

Peter held the pair tighter. "I was thinking maybe William, after my grandfather, or Andy—though that might get confused since she is constantly by your side—or something else, I don't know . . . what do you think?"

Rowyn caressed the baby's chubby cheeks as he smiled up at her. "What about Simon?" Rowyn moved to look at Peter. "I know it doesn't have much meaning in terms of our families but—I don't know—he just seems like Simon." Peter's smile widened and he leaned forward to kiss his wife for a moment. Rowyn was quick to return the kiss with a wide smile.

"Simon is perfect."